In other police reports:
* Two men have been taken into custody in recent days on elder abuse warrants.
Justin Ryan Briggs, 37, was arrested at about 10:56 p.m. Oct. 31 at a residence in the 3700 block of Rose Rock Circle on a felony charge of elder abuse.
Clayton Joel Sternick, 32, of Hayward was arrested on felony and misdemeanor warrants at about 3:01 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 3200 block of Vineyard Avenue. Sternick was wanted on a felony charge of embezzling from a dependent adult and misdemeanor charges of theft and accessing a credit card.
* A resident of a home in the 3700 block of Ashwood drive reported that someone has created and cashed a fake check for $362 using her account information. The victim told police she discovered the fraud when she received her bank statement.
* Jason Eric Shorr, 44, of Pleasanton was arrested on felony and misdemeanor warrants at about 8:10 a.m. in the 700 block of St. Michael Circle. Shorr was wanted on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance and a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving.
* An overnight auto burglary Nov. 4 netted a $1,500 laptop, four rims worth a total of $2,000 and a $30 briefcase. The incident took place in the 5600 block of Owens Drive between 8:30 p.m. Nov. 4 and 9 a.m. Nov. 5; the vehicle's right rear window had been smashed.
* Nothing was apparently taken in a Nov. 4 burglary at East Bay Pediatrics in the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road. Police responded to an alarm set off by the office's motion detector and found a window pried open and that the office had been searched. The incident occurred at about 12:12 p.m.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 312 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.