A male and two females stole a license plate from a vehicle and placed it on the pickup truck they were driving, the report said. That crew was later linked to the theft of nine purses from Nordstrom.
When the three left in the pickup with stolen plates, witnesses reported seeing it driving erratically on southbound Interstate 680, according to the report. The truck got off the freeway, and one of the suspects removed the stolen license plate, and the truck was then spotted driving south on Foothill Road.
Police say a similar crime was reported recently in Los Altos.
Stolen from Nordstrom were two purses valued at $1,395, a $750 purse, a handbag valued at $498, another worth $398, two valued at $348, one worth $328, one valued at $198.
In other police reports:
* A residential burglary netted jewelry worth more than $29,000 from a home in the 2900 block of Garden Creek Circle between 10:30 a.m. Oct. 13 and 6 p.m. Oct. 20. Taken was an $8,000 gold bangle, a $7,000 gold bangle, a $7,000 gold chain with pendants, a $5,000 black bead necklace, a $3,000 gold bangle, a $3,000 gold bracelet, a $1,500 emerald and sapphire pendant and earring set, a $1,000 gold chain and pendant, $600 gold hoop earrings, $400 gold bird cage earrings, a small gold pendant valued at $200 and decorative silver bowls valued at $200. No forced entry was discovered.
* Dawnesha Patrice Carmier, 27, of Oakland was arrested Oct. 20 at about 5:07 p.m. on a felony shoplifting charge at H&M at Stoneridge Shopping Center in the theft of pants, a shirt and shoes worth $90. The felony charge stems from the use of a booster bag, which was used to hide the items.
* William Roy Quezali, 24, a transient, was arrested Oct. 19 for felony possession of stolen property including medication, bank statements and a $900 laptop; Quezali was arrested at ValleyCare Medical Center in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard with a backpack of items that didn't belong to him.
* Christopher Mark Dillon, 47, a transient, was arrested Oct. 21 in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive on an arrest warrant for a Pleasanton felony theft of a handgun.
* One home and one business were hit in Oct. 17 burglaries.
A $400 laptop, $150 laptop, $100 cash and five cell phones worth $50 were stolen from DeSoto Cab in the first block of California Avenue between 2 a.m. and 5:15 a.m.; there was no sign of forced entry.
A burglary in the 100 block of Birch Creek Terrace netted a $1,000 laptop, $150 laptop and a $100 iPod docking station. The theft took place between 10 and 11 a.m. Entry was gained through an open garage door and unlocked inner door.
* A $6,000 bicycle was reported stolen between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. Oct. 20 from the an apartment complex in the 1500 block of East Gate Way from beneath a set of stairs at the complex; the bike was locked but not secured to the stairway.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 499 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.