In one, on June 13, police received a call about two men using drugs in a parked car. Officer Nicolas Schwarz found Matthew Farrington, 27, to be on probation, which allowed a search of the car. That search turned up bottles of Oxycontin and oxycodone pills, methadone pills and generic Xanax pills, along with numerous empty pill bottles and aluminum foil, which had been heated for the men to inhale drug fumes. Farrington was arrested for possession of a controlled substance for sale, possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia possession.
Police found 9.8 grams of black tar heroin in the June 15 arrest of an 18-year-old from Pleasanton. Cooper Allan Eisenmann was arrested for possession of a controlled substance for sale and paraphernalia possession after police watched him drive and park "suspiciously." Eisenmann was taken into custody at about 2:34 p.m. in the 7400 block of Amador Valley Boulevard after a stop in which a police report said he'd been suspected of driving under the influence of opiates. Aluminum foil used to inhale drug fumes led to the paraphernalia charge, the report said.
In other police reports:
* Michael Paul Onate, 45, a transient, was arrested June 19 for misdemeanor elder abuse of his parents, who live in Pleasanton, along with public intoxication, resisting arrest and violating a court order. Onate was arrested at about 5:45 p.m. at the intersection of Calle de la Paz and Paseo del Cajon.
* Two women were arrested for embezzlement in separate incidents at Stoneridge Shopping Center.
Victoria Magdelena Ramey, 20, of Mountain House, a clerk at Macy's Men's was arrested at about 3:15 p.m. June 15 in the theft of $2,100 in men's shirts and for creating a $518 gift card that she spent elsewhere. The thefts occurred over an unspecified period of time.
Issere Amadi Grier-Christopher 20, of Oakland, a clerk at J.C. Penney, was arrested June 6 in the theft of $62 cash.
Police are also investigating a June 17 report of embezzlement at Safeway in the 6700 block of Bernal Avenue.
* A 69-year-old Pleasanton man was arrested for misdemeanor bribery after getting caught cheating on his drivers' test, then offering the woman who caught him $200 "to help her out." Subhash Johar was arrested at about 10:55 a.m. June 14 at the DMV in the 6300 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard.
* Burglars gained access to two homes through unlocked doors, leading to the theft of weapons and electronics in separate burglaries.
In one, reported at about 8:46 p.m. June 14, a $1,200 flatscreen TV was stolen from a home in the 2300 block of Meadowlark Drive, along with a $500 shotgun, a $300 deer rifle, a $75 .22 caliber rifle, a $50 pellet gun and a $100 laptop.
A Sony Playstation worth $200 was reported stolen at about 10:32 p.m. June 16 from a home in the 4000 block of Peregrine Way.
* Tools valued at $1,200 were reported stolen at about 9:13 p.m. June 18 from Fastenal, a business in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle; the business's back door was pried open.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 514 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.