"My goal is to be a partner in Pleasanton's ongoing success."
Miley listed some of the 2011 highlights in District 4:
* Seamlessly transitioning Pleasanton and Hillcrest Knolls into District 4 as a result of redistricting;
* Hosting a Safe Medical Disposal Conference in partnership with the Senior Alcohol and Other Drugs Workgroup on Oct. 12;
* Completing many of the Eden Area Livability Initiative working groups' goals and creating a progress report to measure success;
* Kicking off major construction projects, including the Ashland Youth Center, Castro Valley Boulevard street improvements, sidewalks in Cherryland, and Lewelling Boulevard street improvements;
* Working with independent truckers, labor, Port of Oakland, and air quality regulatory agencies to develop solutions to the impacts to minority truckers due to new air pollution regulations;
* Creating and convening a Blue Ribbon General Assistance Working Group that successfully improved services and resources for GA recipients;
* Breaking ground on the construction of a new $700 million hospital complex at the Highland Campus;
* Passing a resolution calling for the United States government to formally apologize for slavery and for reparations to address disparities impacting African Americans; and
* Lastly, addressing issues, concerns, and needs of more than 1,000 constituents throughout the district.
"I would like to thank all of you who were involved in any of our many 2011 projects and accomplishments," Miley said. "Without your support, involvement and dedication, we would not have been able to accomplish our 2011 goals and successfully serve you."
Miley and his staff hold office hours every Thursday at the Heritage House at the Alameda County Fairgrounds, 4501 Pleasanton Ave. To schedule an appointment, contact Anna Gee at 510-891-5585.
"We also are making ourselves available for community meetings and are getting to know many of the coffee shops in beautiful downtown Pleasanton," Miley said.
Visit his District 4 website at www.acgov.org/board/district4 to learn what his office is doing. Click on the E-subscribe button to get automatic updates.
His staff members supporting his efforts in Pleasanton are Chief-of-Staff Seth Kaplan (Seth.Kaplan@acgov.org or 510-891-5588), Policy Aide Eileen Ng (Eileen.Ng@acgov.org or 510-670-5717), and Intern Paul Sanftner (Paul.Sanftner@acgov.org or 925-803-7959).
This story contains 453 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.