* Museum Ghost Walks -- The Museum On Main is hosting downtown tours that highlight Pleasanton's haunted past and present. Ghost Walks take place from 6-8 p.m. Oct. 28 and 29, departing every 30 minutes from Museum On Main, 603 Main St. Call 462-2766 or go to www.museumonmain.org.
* Halloween at Alviso Adobe Community Park -- Join City Naturalist Eric Nichols tonight or tomorrow night on a walk around the park to learn about and view some nocturnal animals of the region including spiders, snakes and frogs. The tour ends with participants making a Halloween craft. All ages 4 and up are welcome to join in the 20-minute tours that begin at 7 p.m. and continue to 8:30 p.m. Fee is $5 for residents, $7 for non-residents.
* Fourth annual Pumpkin Carving Party -- Being held at Alviso Adobe Community Park from 1-3 p.m. tomorrow. Fee is $5 for residents and $7 for non-residents. Preregister online or by phone at 931-5340.
* 6th annual Halloween Fun Night -- Kids and adults alike attend this free city-sponsored event every year in costume to tour the Haunted Hallway of Horror, enjoy yummy treats and tennis games for all age groups and skill levels including Beat the Pro and Speed Serve. Tonight from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Pleasanton Tennis Complex on Hopyard Road and Valley Avenue. Call 931-3446.
* 'Nightmare' A Terrifyingly Fun Night Of Improv -- Presented by the Creatures of Impulse, Pleasanton's own teen improv troupe. Participants can help create the story, setting and characters for three nights of fun, interactive and completely unscripted theater, at 7:30 p.m. tonight and tomorrow night at the Firehouse Arts Center, 4444 Railroad Ave. Tickets are $5 in advance or $8 at the door with a valid student ID, and $10 in advance or $15 at the door for general admission. Call 931-4828.
* Pirates of Emerson -- At the Alameda County Fairgrounds with a Bumpkin Patch, Carnevil, Bone Ball, Fields Family Corn Maze, Misfortune Teller and more through Oct. 31. Cost is General: $20; Speed Pass, $30; Combo Ticket, $40; Corn Maze, $10; VIP, $70; parking, $8. Call (510) 657-2121. Not recommended for children under 13.
* Spirit Run -- The Rotary Club of Pleasanton will hold its first-ever Halloween Spirit Run on Sunday, benefiting community service projects in Pleasanton and the Tri-Valley. The event, patterned after the Father's Day Spirit Run, will include a 5K road race as well as several races for children, and participants are encouraged to come in costume. Registration will start at 7:30 a.m. in the parking lot on Main Street shared by Domus and Round Table Pizza. The 5K race will kick off at 9 a.m. under the Pleasanton Arch, with 50-yard and 200-yard races for children at 10 and 10:30 a.m. Visit www.pleasantonrotary.org.
* Scavenger Hunt for Kids -- The Pleasanton Downtown Association is hosting this event from 10 a.m.-noon tomorrow. Bring the kids out (costumed, of course) for a scavenger hunt to start at the Museum On Main, 603 Main St., to pick up a Halloween bag and get the first clue.
* Halloween scene -- Every year, the family of School Board Member Jeff Bowser creates a Halloween scene at its home to raise donations for a charity. This year, the money will go to Pleasanton Partnerships in Education. Stop by 2426 Tapestry Way in Pleasanton to see what (or who) the Bowsers have dug up this year.
This story contains 627 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.