Here are your latest EBAL football power rankings for the weekend of Sept. 10-11.
1. California (3-0): This has nothing to do with San Ramon or Amador Valley – the previous top two – but rather what Cal is doing early in the season. Three games against three traditionally strong programs and the Grizzlies win by a 167-47 margin. Next up: Milpitas at Cal, 7 p.m. Will be a good indicator as Amador smacked Milpitas 37-7 in week one.
2. Amador Valley (3-0): The Dons gutted out a tough 7-0 win over Dublin after combining for 92 points in their first two games. Tight, tough wins are vital for a team’s success Up next: At Granada, 7 p.m.
3. San Ramon Valley (1-1): No shame in dropping a 21-14 game to Central Catholic of Modesto, but a loss is a loss and the Wolves needed to drop for now. Up next: At Antioch, 7 p.m.
4. Clayton Valley (2-1): Right on the verge of making a leap in the rankings following their 14-13 win over Liberty of Bakersfield. CV continues their run of tough preseason games. Up next: Stellar Prep (Hayward), 7 p.m.
5. Monte Vista (2-0): Moved to 2-0 with a 25-14 win over James Logan. Got to see more from the Mustangs. Up next: Liberty at Monte Vista, 7 p.m. This is a good test for MV!
1. Livermore (3-0): Not the most impressive win, topping a pedestrian Gregori (Modesto) 35-28, but it was a win and came on the road in Modesto. Up next: At American Canyon, 7 p.m. This should be another win for the Cowboys.
2. Foothill (2-1): The Falcons could not adjust to the speed of Vanden, falling 34-20. Still, the 14-point margin falls on two big plays by Vanden. Think this will be a game Foothill learns from as the season goes on. Up next: Freedom at Foothill, 7 p.m.
3. Dublin (2-1): Went toe-to-toe with a big and physical Amador Valley team before falling 7-0. Good, solid effort. Up next: At Irvington, 7 p.m. in what should be a one-sided Dublin win.
4. Dougherty Valley (2-0): Moved to 2-0 against teams from the Fremont area with a 41-36 shootout win over Washington. Up next: Hosting Mt. Diablo, 7 p.m. in a game that should move the Wildcats to 3-0.
5. Granada (0-2): Picked up their first win, taking down Castro Valley 30-6. The Mats seem to be getting better each week. Ip next: Hosting Amador, 7 p.m. This game is a huge test for Granada.