Livermore Valley wineries are holding a Wine & Wags event Sunday, for the second year in a row.
More than 20 wineries are partnering with eight Bay Area animal rescue groups to host a day of wine tasting, dog adoptions and fun activities for people and their pooches. Dogs, who must arrive on leashes, will have the chance to enjoy grassy lawns, doggie obstacle courses, dog pools and other treats throughout the day.
Food, pet-themed gifts and special events will be available for purchase at many locations. Included in the admission price are many fun activities:
* Photo booth for owners and dogs at Mitchell Katz Winery.
* Make a doggy bandana at Big White House Winery.
* (Dog) Treats for (Owner) Tricks at the Singing Winemaker.
* Dog treat pairing flight and doggy pools at Las Positas Vineyards.
* Doggy obstacle course at Cedar Mountain Winery.
* Doggy pools and Camp Bow Wow of Livermore at Wente Vineyards.
Tickets are $30 in advance at www.LVwine.org, and $35 at the event, which includes entrance into participating wineries, a celebratory Livermore Valley Wine Country GoVino glass, at least two wine tastes at each winery and access to event activities.
A complete list of wineries and activities is on the website.