The Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association gathered recently to look back on the achievements of 2018 and recognize contributions from its members.
One success noted was the introduction of the Wine & Wags event for wine lovers and their dogs. The association also announced the launch of its refreshed logo and website, and plans for a delegation of winery proprietors and winemakers to visit with national media in New York.
Executive Director Chris Chandler presented the following member awards:
* Winery Member of the Year: Longevity Wines (accepted by Phil Long, owner/winemaker).
* Community Partner of the Year: City of Livermore (accepted by Mayor John Marchand).
* Affiliate Member of the Year: Black Tie Transportation (accepted by Bill Wheeler, president).
Marchand also swore in the LVWA 2019-20 Board of Directors. Alexandra Henkelman, owner and winemaker at Omega Road Winery, will serve as president. Other board members include:
* Gina Cardera, Garre Vineyard & Winery, vice president
* Debbie Cristiano, Page Mill Winery, secretary
* Lisa Maier, Las Positas Vineyards, treasurer
* Kathy Liske el Sol Winery, Association Marketing Advisory Committee chairwoman
* Amy Hoopes, Wente Family Estates, past president
* Holger Hornisch, Wood Family Vineyards
* Heather McGrail, McGrail Vineyards & Winery
* Harry Galles, Galles Vineyard
* Jordan Wente, Winemakers Studio
* Lindsay Knight, Murrieta's Well
* Ian O'Leary, Spirited Packaging
* Rhiannon Eddy, The Purple Orchid.
For more information about the association, visit www.LVwine.org.