The Livermore Valley Chamber of Commerce recently recognized some standout local businesses and representatives.
The chamber held its second annual #LivValBiz Awards ceremony on Oct. 17 at Livermore's iconic Vine Cinema.
In addition to handing out awards in seven categories, the event also featured chamber chairman Steve LarraĆ±ga delivering the annual State of the Chamber report. Livermore Mayor John Marchand emceed the award presentations.
The evening's top individual award was presented to Sonya Gividen of SEG Insurance Services as the 2018 Ambassador of the Year.
The other 2018 #LivValBiz Award recipients were:
* Economic Development Award: The Switch powered by iGATE. In announcing the award, chamber officials said the winner is a business startup/entrepreneurship. It is recruiting or creating jobs. It is at the forefront of developing and delivering projects that drive innovation and change.
* Emerging New Business of the Year Award: STAT MED Urgent Care. The business has demonstrated its ability to disrupt an industry and have an immediate positive impact; a capacity for creativity and innovation and has experienced growth and established itself as a leader in its industry within the past three years.
* Best in Hospitality Award: Wente Vineyards. Recipient showcases the Livermore Valley in a positive light. It goes the extra mile in providing service to visitors, enhancing the visitor experience and desire to return to the area. It demonstrates pride in and commitment to the Livermore Valley hospitality industry.
* Dream Big Small Business Award: Omni Fight Club. The winning business demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit that reflects a commitment to the Livermore Valley's future. It stands out for its exceptional business practices and community involvement. It has 50 or fewer employees and demonstrates sales growth or new product/innovative initiatives.
* Manufacturer of the Year Award: Wiley X, Inc.: The recipient demonstrates an innovative manufacturing concept. It exhibits strength in the area of employee training. It demonstrates a commitment to the Livermore Valley through community engagement and support.
* LVCC Achievement Awesomeness Award: Fremont Bank: The winner has shown remarkable profitability and stability. It exemplifies excellent corporate citizenship by giving back to the community. And it possesses a corporate culture than enhances the lives of its employees.
The chamber also singled out the runner-up finalist in each category: Five Rivers Aviation (Economic Development), Altamont Limo (New Business), Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham (Hospitality), Pinot's Palette (Dream Big), Topcon Positioning Systems (Manufacturer) and Livermore Sanitation, Inc. (Awesomeness).
Award sponsors were Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union, Omni Fight Club, Amos Productions, Fremont Bank, Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union and Topcon Positioning System.