The Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce has announced this year's recipients of its annual Community Service Awards ahead of the award ceremony taking place next month.
The program aims to recognize "deserving individuals, groups and businesses who have demonstrated excellence and community leadership in business, volunteer activities and achievement within the Pleasanton community," chamber officials said.
The winners will be honored during a ceremony March 28 at the Firehouse Arts Center in downtown Pleasanton.
The 55th annual Community Service Awards will go to the following recipients:
* Business Philanthropy: Gina Piper, Better Homes and Gardens Tri-Valley Realty. "For businesses that have provided philanthropic service beyond the scope of normal business activity.
* Excellence in Business: James Paxson, Hacienda. "For businesses that have made a positive impact in the Pleasanton community through their achievement within the scope of normal business activity."
* Excellence in Service: CityServe of the Tri-Valley. "For organizations that have contributed to Pleasanton."
* Distinguished Individual Service: Kirstin Litz and Pam Yeaw. "For individuals who have contributed to Pleasanton through exceptional service to the community or philanthropic efforts."
* Green Business: Go Green Initiative. "For businesses that promote sustainable environmental business practices throughout their organization for the benefit of employees, customers or the community."
The award ceremony will kick off at 6 p.m. at the Firehouse and will also feature a hosted bar, heavy appetizers and a silent auction. The event costs $35 per person to attend, with tickets available at www.pleasanton.org.
The event is sponsored by the Alameda County Fair, Black Tie Transportation and Chevron. A limited number of sponsorship opportunities remain available. For more information, contact the chamber at 846-5858.