Woman displaced by garage fire in Dublin

Incident caused by electrical problems, according to fire officials

A woman was displaced from her home after a fire broke out in the garage Wednesday evening in Dublin, according to Alameda County fire officials.

At 7:36 p.m., firefighters responded to a blaze at a home in the 7400 block of Tamarack Drive. The one-alarm blaze was located in the home's garage and extended into the house, fire officials said.

The fire was extinguished within 30 minutes and was caused by electrical problems, fire officials said.

The woman who lived at the home was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and was then released.

One pet cat died in the fire from smoke inhalation. There were no other reports of injuries, fire officials said.

The American Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the displaced resident with temporary housing.

— Bay City News Service


1 person likes this
Posted by Joy Montgomery
a resident of Dublin
on Oct 1, 2017 at 4:30 pm

I have a twin bed frame with drawers under it (a "mate's bed") that I can give to the woman in this article but I don't know how to reach her.

DUBLIN, CA — A garage fire Wednesday night displaced a Dublin woman from her home, fire officials said. The blaze was reported just after 7:30 p.m. in 7400 block of Tamarack Drive in Dublin. Fire crews from Alameda County, San Ramon Valley and Livermore-Pleasanton fire departments responded to assist.

The woman was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and one cat died due to smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported. Fire officials said the fire was likely caused by an electrical issue. Fire officials said the Red Cross assisted the resident with temporary shelter.

1 person likes this
Posted by Why ReRun this now?
a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Oct 2, 2017 at 5:01 pm

It's weeks old, but there is no update?

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Couples: “Everything is a gift of the universe . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 1,072 views

Fighting to wipe out changing our clocks
By Tim Hunt | 16 comments | 703 views

How Well Is Your High School Preparing Your Student for College
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 482 views

Time to help Milfleur’s Terri Carlson, who is recovering from a stroke
By Jeb Bing | 2 comments | 329 views