A woman was displaced from her home after a fire broke out in the garage Wednesday evening in Dublin, according to Alameda County fire officials.
At 7:36 p.m., firefighters responded to a blaze at a home in the 7400 block of Tamarack Drive. The one-alarm blaze was located in the home's garage and extended into the house, fire officials said.
The fire was extinguished within 30 minutes and was caused by electrical problems, fire officials said.
The woman who lived at the home was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and was then released.
One pet cat died in the fire from smoke inhalation. There were no other reports of injuries, fire officials said.
The American Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the displaced resident with temporary housing.