Here are the picks for horse racing at the Alameda County Fair for Saturday, June 25, by racing expert Dennis Miller.
1. Cowboy Way, always tough, even from rail. Sassy Jazzy, should break better here. Penelope, second here last week.
2. Khouros, beaten favorite in last. Sand Lilly, solid effort in return. Jess Is On Fire, has raced against better.
3. Reasonable Pride, should be on the lead. King's to You, been very consistent. Blow the Whistle, broke maiden over track.
4. Unusually Big, one of my favorite 'capping angles. Pacific Channel, barn huge first off a claim. Dually Affirmed, could get easy lead.
5. Coronado Cool. keeps dropping, getting closer.
Ma'moisele Speaker, ready for debut at home. Water Cat, loves hitting the board.
6. Sheer Dominance , could sizzle in debut. Kristie's Heart, will be right there. Ladette, nothing but respect for connections.
7. Citali, a lot to like here. London Legacy, popular claimer looks tough. Indian Brut, tough if fit.
8. Southern Freedom, looks very solid, tough. Eagle Screams, ran second in this last year. Tamarando, has run well on dirt.
9. Over Achiever, repeat of last would work well. Pointsettia Park, will be part of a speed duel. Kronwall, another speedster.
Play of the Day: In the 7th race,I like Citali out of the Bill Morey barn. Juan Hernandez takes the mount on a horse that has just been more consistent than the others here. The horse has two seconds and a win in his last three starts since shipping west from Florida.