Here are the picks for horse racing at the Alameda County Fair for Friday, June 24, by racing expert Dennis Miller.
1. Bad News Bubba, win machine makes return.
Loretta Jones, old mare still charging. Ima Top Gun, could get a piece
2. Candy for Debbie, could be all alone out front.
Ezio, plenty of warning flags. Hired Gun, got first win over track.
3. Sugar Spice, runs well on the dirt. Special Summer, should sit just off pace. Tanned Mistress, will be pace factor
4. Gathan's Girl, could get loose out front. Cherokee in Me, could love this spot. Emerald Green, numbers put in the hunt.
5. Sweet Shop, makes return at home. Cackle the Cuda, will be tough if handles dirt. Bay Area, looks like good placing.
6. Cordialty, been running the best races. Cajun Cooking, former stakes placed runner. Marell Street, has flashed speed.
7. Lota Spunk, will be in battle for the win. Tribal Zen, could be on the lead. No Team Spirit, has got to have a shot.
8. Later My Love, speed should last here.Ballerina Headline, most consistent in race. Tiz's All Star, tidy maiden win.
Play of the Day: Gathan's Girl, 4th race. This speed burner won by over 10 lengths in a similar race last year here and has continued to show form. Four seconds and a third in six starts have all come over a track that does not show a speed bias. Now she's back to Pleasanton where the speed may see her get loose out front.