Cleanup crews on Tuesday were able to remove approximately one cup of spilled mercury found covering a Livermore street Monday.
Fire officials said the spill was found in the 900 block of I Street.
The California Department of Toxic Substances arrived on scene at 10 a.m. Tuesday and coordinated with a hazardous materials clean-up company and the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department.
Crews were able to clean up the spilled mercury by around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and determine there was no longer a hazard.
On Monday at 7:36 p.m., the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department responded to a report of a possible hazardous material spill and found approximately 15 square feet of the street was covered in mercury.
It is not known where the mercury came from.