Pleasanton's Callippe Preserve Golf Course is set to celebrate its 10-year anniversary today, marking the occasion with a shotgun golf outing and party, including on-course food and beverages, an after-event cocktail reception, hors d'oeuvres and prizes.
The course, owned by the city and managed by CourseCo, opened to golfers Nov. 11, 2005.
Since then, it's hosted more than 600,000 rounds of golf, countless golf lessons and a variety of special events.
Designed by Brian Costello, Callippe Preserve has earned various awards and accolades over the past 10 years, including:
* Sixth-ranked public access golf course by Golf Week Magazine (March 2006).
* No. 9 "Best New Public Course Under $75" by Golf Digest (January 2007).
* Three-time winner of the GreensKeeper.org "Best Value Award" in the East Bay.
* Golf Week Magazine's 47th "Best Municipal Course" (May 2010).
* Six Environmental in Golf Awards (ELGAs).
Wednesday's anniversary shotgun golf outing and party is open to the public at a cost of $55 for Pleasanton residents and $65 for non-residents. Golf registration opens at 8:30 a.m. before the 10 a.m. shotgun start. For more information or to register, call 426-6666.