Just moved? Here's how to get info in enrolling your child in PUSD classes, special programs

Enrollment is year-round; parents should contact schools regarding programs

If you've recently moved to Pleasanton -- or if you're a parent of a public school child -- you may be wondering how to enroll your student in school or special programs while schools are closed.

Fear not, parents. Even though Pleasanton Unified elementary, middle and high schools are closed during July, parents can still enroll new students by contacting the district directly.

To enroll a new student, parents or guardians can call Claudia See, executive secretary of student services, at 925-426-4290.

As for placement into specific courses or special programs, parents should contact their children's individual schools, spokeswoman Nicole Steward said.

Staff at PUSD high schools will return next Monday, and elementary and middle school staff will return the second week of August.

Steward said decisions regarding math and honors placements are already being made based on assessments and information from the previous school year.

For more information, parents can contact the main district office at 925-462-5500.


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Couples: Wanting, Yet Missing One Another
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 869 views

Superintendent's new contract may portend difficult employee negotiations
By Tim Hunt | 7 comments | 645 views

Scott Raty bows out as CEO of Pleasanton Chamber
By Jeb Bing | 0 comments | 377 views


Nominations due by Sept. 17

Pleasanton Weekly and are once again putting out a call for nominations and sponsorships for the annual Tri-Valley Heroes awards - our salute to the community members dedicated to bettering the Tri-Valley and the lives of its residents.

Nomination form