Alameda County Fair organizers have announced that the rock band Berlin will close out this summer's 17-act "Big O Tires Concert Series."
Best known for their song "Take My Breath Away" -- featured in the 1986 film "Top Gun" -- Berlin will take to the amphitheater stage at 8 p.m. on July 5.
All concerts are free with paid admission to the fair, which opens June 17 at the Alameda County Fairgrounds located at 4501 Pleasanton Ave.
Organizers are again offering "early entry" wristbands this year to be distributed from 2-3 p.m. to the first 400 people in line for a concert. Amphitheater seating is first come, first serve and overflow seating is provided at the concert lawn with a live-feed jumbotron screen to watch the performances.
Directly following each concert will be a fireworks show and video presentation celebrating Hometown Heroes, fair organizers said.
The full concert series schedule is as follows:
* 6/17 - War (funk, R&B)
* 6/18 - Brian McKnight (R&B)
* 6/19 - The Original Wailers (reggae)
* 6/20 - Kutless (Christian rock)
* 6/21 - Tierra (Latin R&B)
* 6/22 - The Boys of Summer (Eagles tribute, classic rock)
* 6/24 - The Beach Boys (pop/rock)
* 6/25 - Rodney Atkins (country)
* 6/26 - Tower of Power (funk, R&B)
* 6/27 - Con Funk Shun (funk, R&B)
* 6/28 - Tanya Tucker (country)
* 6/30 - Steelin' Dan (Steely Dan tribute, pop/rock)
* 7/1 - Foghat (classic rock)
* 7/2 - Kansas (classic rock)
* 7/3 - Morris Day & The Time (R&B/pop)
* 7/4 - Blues Festival (multiple performers /blues) (1pm - 9pm)
* 7/5 - Berlin featuring Terri Nunn (pop/rock)
The fair is scheduled to run through July 5, open Tuesday through Sunday each week. Admission and rides on opening day will be $1 until 5 p.m. according to fair reps.
General admission for adults (13-61) is $12, seniors (62+) and kids (6-12) are $8, and children under the age of 6 are free. Advanced discounted tickets are also available online through June 16.
Individual season passes are also available for $30 as well as "Fun Packs" which include four general admission tickets and one parking pass for $40.
Special discounted admission includes:
* Military appreciation: free fair admission daily with valid military ID
* Opening day: $1 admission and $1 rides (June 17)
* $2 Tuesdays: $2 admission (June 23 and 30)
* Seniors (62+) free Thursdays: (June 18 and 25, July 2)
* Kids (12 and under) free Fridays: (June 19 and 26, July 3)
On June 24 the fair will host its "Feed the Need Food Drive," benefiting the Alameda County Food Bank. Fair admission will be free to those who bring at least four non-perishable food items.
The "Drop Zone" donation drive is set for July 1 during which people can bring at least two items from the special donation list and receive free fair admission.
$1 rides will also be offered during each donation drive day. All discount opportunities end at 5 p.m. except free military admission, which is valid all day.
For more information, visit the fair website.