The Internal Revenue Service is offering tips to make it easier than ever this year to file 2014 taxes.
Raphael Tulino of the IRS office serving the Bay Area offers these suggestions:
• E-file your return. The best way to file is joining with nearly 126 million taxpayers who used IRS e-file last year. E-file is the safe, accurate and easier way to file your tax return.
• If you use IRS Free File, you can prepare and file your taxes for free. Free File is only available on IRS.gov. Go to IRS.gov/filing and review your options.
• Use IRS.gov. Get what you need 24 hours a day 7 days a week on IRS.gov. Click on the "Tools" link on the home page for a number of online tools. For example:
• You can get answers to your tax questions with the Interactive Tax Assistant and the IRS Tax Map.
• Use 'Where's My Refund?' to check the status of your refund.
• Use the EITC Assistant to see if you're eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit. To view and download tax products, click on the 'Forms and Pubs' tab on the home page.
• View, download or print the many tax products that appear online before paper versions are available.
Get tax products online. Those who e-file their tax return don't need to prepare or mail any paper forms to the IRS. Those who still need paper forms or publications can visit IRS.gov/ to view, download or print what they need right away.
As an alternative, you can go to IRS.gov/order forms and place an order, or call the IRS at 800-829-3676 to place an order.