A house fire on Touriga Drive in Pleasanton Sunday caused about $200,000 in damage.
Joe Testa of the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department said the fire caused about $200,000 in damage to the home.
Firefighters reached the home at 5:53 p.m. to find a fire in the garage, extinguishing the bulk of the fire in about 15 minutes. But flames in and below the roof of the garage challenged
firefighters for another 75 minutes.
The fire got between an older wood shake roof and the metal roof decking above the shakes. Also, the wood supporting the roof caught fire and firefighters had to contend with the potential for the roof to collapse, keeping firefighters from reaching burning areas.
When firefighters initially arrived, the family was outside and let officials know everyone got out safely. Fire officials said there were no injuries to firefighters, pets or civilians.
A smoldering cloth in the garage may have caused the fire.
A total of 21 firefighters from the LPFD and Alameda County Fire Departments worked at the scene, Testa said. The Pleasanton Police Department also was at the scene and assisted with crowd control, traffic control and a fire investigation. Paramedics Plus Ambulance was at the scene and checked the residents to make sure there were no injuries.