News

Woman, 72, injured in robbery near West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station

A 72-year-old woman suffered a large cut to the face Wednesday afternoon during a strong-arm robbery near the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

Pleasanton police said the woman was attacked from behind shortly after noon on Golden Gate Drive. Her purse and cell phone were stolen.

Police said witnesses described the suspect as a black man about 5 feet, 5 inches tall who was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.

The man and a driver reportedly left the scene in a late-model four-door Honda Accord, possibly gray or tan in color, that headed toward the freeway.

Anyone with information about the robbery should call Detective Jose Buenrostro at 452-2181 or Detective Sgt. Rafael Alvarez at 833-6682.

Bay City News contributed to this report

Comments

2 people like this
Posted by kbenson
a resident of Bordeaux Estates
on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:52 am

Wow! in broad daylight? looking at the map of that area, it is a bit desolate (during non-commute times)
The thugs were more than likely waiting for an opportunity. That area has quite a few newly constructed apartment buildings/garage and other developments (cover for the thugs) I would suggest people travel in pairs or use the station by Oracle/kaiser. Seems safer to me.

1 person likes this
Posted by Did the thugs ride the BART?
on Jan 10, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Did the thugs ride the BART out here, so they could steal the car, too ?

That adds convenience, and may reduce air pollution, since they only have to drive one way.

In addition to traveling in pears,
people might be safer traveling in CARS,
if BART would provide parking.

3 people like this
Posted by Sam
a resident of Bonde Ranch
on Jan 10, 2015 at 4:27 pm

This type of thing is exactly why I carry a handgun and am always aware of my surroundings. There are simply not enough police to remotely come close to protecting us.

I sure hope she recovers well and they catch the thugs who did it.

4 people like this
Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Jan 10, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Michael Austin is a registered user.

@Sam:

You are probably more dangerous to your self and the general public than the thugs out there.

2 people like this
Posted by Sam
a resident of Bonde Ranch
on Jan 10, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Mike,

That an interesting comment from you without you knowing I was a policeman in Bakersfield before retiring. I agree YOU should not be armed. The bad guys are always looking for prey.

1 person likes this
Posted by Gun Conrol Means hitting what you shoot at!
on Jan 10, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Let's cut down on random shooting of bystanders!

Like this comment
Posted by Ed
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Jan 11, 2015 at 8:12 pm

This may put more people back into their cars for fear of this happening to them. I commuted to Oakland 19th St last year for a job I had and, while the vast majority of riders were fine, there was always one or two folks on the train who were drunk, or snoring loudly, or playing music, or arguing into a cell phone, or had really bad BO ( no joke).
When I got my job in San Ramon I happily went back to my car.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Couples: Do you Really Agree or are you Afraid of not Agreeing?
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 639 views

Castlewood may consider selling Valley course for development

Pleasanton Readers' Choice ballot is here

It's time to decide what local business is worthy of the title "Pleasanton Readers' Choice" — and you get to decide! Cast your ballot online. Voting ends May 20th. Stay tuned for the results in the June 29th issue of the Pleasanton Weekly.

VOTE HERE