Pleasanton seeks candidates for public service groups

Numerous opportunities for volunteer service listed

The city of Pleasanton is currently accepting applications to fill vacancies on several city commissions and committees.

Commission members must be Pleasanton residents, with the exception of the Economic Vitality Committee, in which case members must be employed in the city of Pleasanton.

Currently, there are openings on the Civic Arts, Housing, Library, Planning and Youth commissions.

Openings on the Economic Vitality Committee include one member from each of the following categories: green economy/environmental industry, medical technology and residential real estate developer.

Openings on the Youth Commission include two middle school and one high School representatives, three at-large representatives, two alternate representatives and one alternate adult representative.

For these commissions and committees, applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, March 24. Postmarks are not accepted.

For applicants to the Planning Commission, a supplemental questionnaire is required to apply, which can be downloaded at

Those applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 3. Again, postmarks are not accepted.

Applications are also available at the City Clerk's Office, 123 Main Street, or on the City website at

For additional information, contact the City Clerk at (925) 931-5027.

Those interested in serving on a commission or committee that has no current vacancies listed can register their interest for future vacancies by completing an interest card on the city website at


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

GE's re-organization reaches San Ramon digital headquarters
By Tim Hunt | 3 comments | 1,960 views

Sound and Fury over Vile and Slur-ry
By Tom Cushing | 77 comments | 1,172 views

New state housing requirements could affect Pleasanton
By Jeb Bing | 4 comments | 466 views