A truck and tools valued at nearly $58,000 were stolen from a construction site at the Stoneridge Creek retirement community in Pleasanton.
The truck and tools taken Jan. 28 were valued at nearly $58,000.
Among the lengthy list of items stolen were four sets of crimping tools valued at a total of $35,000. A chain on the front gate was cut to provide access to the thief or thieves.
In other police reports:
* An altercation involving two brothers and their girlfriends led to the felony arrest of one brother on Jan. 30. William Hunter Vick, 36, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 9 p.m. for assault with a deadly weapon and a probation violation in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue. The victim, his brother's girlfriend, told police he hit her on the head with a small metal safe.
* A threat report was filed by a resident of the 8100 block of Moller Ranch Road at about 8:28 p.m. Jan. 28. The victim reportedly received a text saying someone had been paid to kill her.
* A diamond wedding ring worth $12,000 was reported stolen from Roche Molecular in the 4300 block of Hacienda Drive. The victim told police she removed the ring to wash her hands and left it in the kitchen area, according to a report filed at about 3 p.m. Jan. 28.
* Leanne Renee McCoy, 21, of Union City was arrested at about 5 p.m. Jan. 28 on a felony count of embezzlement for taking $3,946 from the Nordstrom Department store in the Stoneridge Shopping Center. McCoy reportedly has been crediting refunds to her own account since November.
* Michael Patrick Stevens, 39, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 1 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 3500 block of East Ruby Hill Drive on a felony warrant for embezzlement out of Utah.
* Heather Joy Hendrix 27, a transient, and Michael Wade Fox, 48, of Modesto, were arrested on a variety of felony counts at about 10 p.m. Jan. 30 after a traffic stop near the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Willow Road.
Hendrix was arrested for felony counts of identity theft, receiving stolen property, possession of methamphetamine and a misdemeanor count of paraphernalia possession. Police found two checkbooks, social security numbers and dates of birth from that didn't belong to Hendrix in her car.
Fox was arrested for felony methamphetamine possession and misdemeanor paraphernalia possession.
* A Feb. 2 auto burglary at Taco Bell in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue netted a $1,000 gold-and-diamond wedding ring, along with a $700 laptop and a $20 gym bag. Entry was made by smashing a window.
* Byron Ovalle, 43, of Oakland was arrested at about 11:30 a.m. Feb. 1 on a felony count of shoplifting and a misdemeanor count of possession of burglary tools in an incident at Macy's in the Stoneridge Shopping Center. Ovalle was caught by store security with wire cutters and clothing worth $359.
* A $189 cellphone was reported stolen from Jack-in-the-Box at about 3 a.m. Feb. 1. The victim told police she plugged her phone in to charge it, but it was gone when she returned.
* A Stockton woman said her credit card was used to make a $182 purchase at Macy's at Stoneridge in an incident reported at about 9:30 a.m. Jan. 29.
* A $50 man's purse, a $20 vest, a wallet and cellphone were taken from a locked locker at 24 Hour Fitness on Willow Road in an incident reported at about 2 p.m. Jan. 30.
* A petty theft at Sears in the Stoneridge Shopping Center was elevated to a felony count for Terry Gene Tallman, 58, of Martinez. Tallman was arrested at about 7:30 p.m. Jan. 28 in the theft of $25 wire cutters, but had prior convictions that boosted the count from a misdemeanor to a felony.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.Police Report
Last week, the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports:
- 9:22 a.m. in the 3400 block of Dennis Drive; bicycle theft
- 3:10 p.m. in the 4300 block of Hacienda Drive; theft from structure
- 5:05 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; embezzlement
- 7:08 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 8:22 a.m. in the 2900 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 8:28 p.m. in the 8100 block of Moller Ranch Drive
- 9:12 a.m. in the 5700 block of Owens Drive; bicycle theft
- 9:28 a.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 1:41 p.m. in the 6600 block of Owens Drive
- 6:50 p.m. in the 4900 block of Pleasanton Avenue
Possession of burglary tools
- 11 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 3:36 p.m. in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 8:55 a.m. in the 4000 block of Page Court; fraud
- 8:59 a.m. in the 2900 block of Martin Avenue; auto theft
- 1:17 p.m. in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive
- 2 p.m. in the 4700 block of Willow Road; theft from structure
- 2:51 p.m. in the 4900 block of Pleasanton Avenue
- 6:10 p.m. in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 2:24 a.m. at the intersection of Merlot Court and Norton Way; DUI drugs
- 2:55 p.m. in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue; possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine, paraphernalia possession, driving under the influence of a controlled substance, under the influence of a controlled substance
- 10:20 p.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Willow Road; possession of methamphetamine, paraphernalia possession
- 4:53 p.m. in the 7700 block of Cottonwood Lane
- 1:08 a.m. on I-580 eastbound near Dublin Canyon Road; DUI
- 3:20 p.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive; public drunkenness
- 7:08 p.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Amanda Place; public drunkenness
- 9:01 p.m. in the 2100 block of Arroyo Court; public drunkenness
- 3:13 a.m. in the 4200 block of Valley Avenue; theft from structure
- 6:32 a.m. in the 3900 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 11:26 a.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 3:04 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 3:46 p.m. in the 7800 block of Paseo Santa Cruz
- 4:26 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 2:14 p.m. in the 2600 block of Vista Diablo Court
- 11:15 a.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Hearst Drive
- 6:16 p.m. in the 2100 block of Alexander Way
- 4:15 a.m. in the 6400 block of Owens Drive
- 12:47 a.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road
- 2:57 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Mohr Avenue
- 7:29 p.m. at the intersection of Inglewood Drive and Addison Way
- 3:32 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue
- 11:03 a.m. in the 3300 block of Stoneridge Creek Way
- 8:04 a.m. in the 4100 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 1:44 a.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Owens Drive; public drunkenness
- 9:19 a.m. at the intersection of Highway 84 and Vallecitos Road; DUI drugs and alcohol
- 8:24 p.m. in the 2200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; under the influence of drugs