A called-in bomb threat led to the evacuation of the Walmart store in Pleasanton last week, but nothing suspicious was found.
Police were notified of the threat at about 1:06 p.m. Nov. 14. By the time officers arrived on the scene, Walmart had already been evacuated. The store manager and management staff went though the store and didn't find anything suspicious.
In other police reports:
* Two people from Oakland were arrested after an incident at Wells Fargo in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road.
Bobby T. Williams, 55, was arrested at about 2:49 p.m. Nov. 14 for fraud after trying to cash a fraudulent $6,500 check. Williams was arrested after a call from a cashier to verify the check was good. He was also wanted on a felony warrant for grand theft with prior arrests and misdemeanor theft.
Outside the bank, Brenda Joyce Green, 52, was arrested in the same incident on felony warrants for controlled-substance possession and failure to appear in court out of Alameda County. A records search turned up Green's outstanding warrants.
* Four homes were hit by burglars in recent days.
In one, 10 pieces of jewelry worth nearly $9,500 -- including a ring valued at $5,000 -- were reported stolen from an unlocked home in the 4100 block of Amberwood Circle between 7:40 a.m. and 11:35 p.m. Nov. 11.
In two reported on Nov. 12, residents returned home after work to find items in their home had been moved. One took place in the 3900 block of Stoneridge Drive between 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. and $300 cash was stolen.
The other occurred between 9 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springhouse Drive. A resident reported items had been moved, with possible entry through a sliding glass door on the second floor. A video game console, a game, $10 in coins and about $50 cash were taken, along with two pairs of sunglasses worth $180 and a $20 case.
A fourth break-in was reported at about 10:06 a.m. the same day. A resident of the 3400 block of Andrews Drive reported an unlocked bicycle and stroller had been stolen from his garage.
* A firm that monitors for identity theft wasn't enough to secure the account of a resident of the 8200 block of Fondray Court. The firm called a resident to alert him that someone opened a credit card account using his information, but by the time it called, a charge for $1,342 had already been made in the incident, reported at 9:30 a.m. Nov. 14.
*A resident of the 600 block of Division Street reported felony identity theft after receiving a call from a car rental firm saying she hadn't returned a car rented with her information. The car had been rented in Burbank. The incident was reported at about 3:38 p.m. Nov. 14.
* Fifteen brassieres worth a total of $825 were stolen in a grab-and-run burglary at Victoria's Secret in the Stoneridge Shopping Center between 3:34 and 3:47 p.m. Nov. 15. A Hispanic male distracted a store employee while the woman, also Hispanic, made off with the bras.
* Yeounja Kang, a 40-year-old woman from San Ramon, was arrested for felony shoplifting in an incident that occurred at about 2:02 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. Loss prevention at Macy's caught Kang with four purses and a sweater worth a total of more than $400 after entering the store with an empty shopping bag and a pair of wire cutters.
* A wallet and credit cards were reported stolen from a purse of a diner at Sweet Tomatoes in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road on Nov. 13. Two charges, one for $1 and another for $15.44 were made, but a charge for $40 was denied in the theft, reported at about 1 p.m.
* Kevin Jeffrey Dachauer, 24, of San Bruno was arrested at about 9:55 a.m. Nov. 18 in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive for possession of 2.7 grams of heroin and drug possession as well as a felony warrant for possession of a controlled substance out of San Francisco. The arrest followed a pedestrian stop after police spotted Dachauer with his pants around his knees at a bus stop near Walmart. Because Dachauer is on probation, police were permitted to conduct a search.
* Someone tried to open charge accounts in the name of a resident of the 3600 block of Ashwood Drive in an identity theft attempt reported at about 3:43 p.m. Nov. 15. While the attempt failed, the resident told police she'd received a notice from Sutter Health saying a number of people had their information compromised.
* Charles Warren Trevor, 24, of Concord was arrested at about 2:21 a.m. Nov. 14 in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road on a felony warrant for drug possession out of Tracy.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports:
- 1:39 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8:15 p.m. in the 5800 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 12:38 a.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; possession of a controlled substance
- 11:53 p.m. at the intersection of First Street and Neal Street; marijuana possession
- 8:21 a.m. in the 4000 block of Pimlico Drive; auto theft
- 9:57 a.m. in the 4100 block of Amberwood Circle; theft from structure
- 10:06 a.m. in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive
- 3:30 p.m. in the 3900 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 5:58 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springhouse Drive
- 7:29 a.m. in the 1800 block of W. Lagoon Road
- 10:30 a.m. in the 5600 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 2:25 p.m. at the intersection of Vineyard Avenue and Yolanda Court
Possession of methamphetamine
- 12:28 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 8:32 a.m. in the 6600 block of Owens Drive; auto theft
- 1 p.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue; theft from structure
- 1:52 p.m. in the 1100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 2:02 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 4:06 p.m. in the 4400 block of First Street; open container on public property
- 8:34 p.m. at the intersection of Tassajara Road and Dublin Boulevard; controlled-substance possession
- 9:19 a.m. in the 5200 block of Clubhouse Drive
- 9:30 a.m. in the 8200 block of Fondray Court; fraud
- 2:49 p.m. in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road; fraud
- 3:38 p.m. in the 600 block of Division Street; fraud
- 1:06 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 3:43 p.m. in the 3600 block of Ashwood Drive; fraud
- 4:46 p.m. in the 2300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 5:48 p.m. in the 8100 block of Arroyo Drive; bicycle theft
- 9:34 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 12:12 p.m. in the 4500 block of Chabot Drive
- 7:27 p.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court
- 8:20 a.m. in the 7000 block of Pleasanton Avenue
- 1:21 a.m. in the 5900 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; DUI
- 12:04 p.m. in the 5900 block of Owens Drive; public drunkenness
- 1:43 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 10:33 p.m. in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road
- 1:20 a.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road; minor in possession of alcohol
- 11:00 p.m. in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road, public drunkenness
- 11:28 p.m. in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road; possession of methamphetamine, paraphernalia possession
- 2:49 p.m. in the 4100 block of Stanley Boulevard
- 4:15 p.m. in the 1100 block of Stoneridge Mall road; shoplifting
- 8:44 p.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 9:31 a.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive
- 10:10 a.m. in the 4400 block of Black Avenue
- 1:55 a.m. in the 5700 block of Foothill Road; DUI
- 9:55 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 6:49 p.m. in the 400 block of Old Bernal Avenue; under the influence of drugs