A San Leandro woman was arrested for several felonies at Pleasanton's Macy's Department Store in the Stoneridge Shopping Center after a clerk called the owner of a credit card being used to find the card wasn't her customer's.
Xynovia Sequita Nolen, 27, was arrested at about 10:31 p.m. Feb. 23 on charges of burglary, having a forged drivers license and identity theft. Pleasanton police seized 48 items including purses, clothes and perfume valued at $3,964 during the arrest. Macy's contacted the victim while Nolen was checking out; the owner said she hadn't given anyone permission to use her card.
In other police reports:
* Two people told police they'd been victims of identity theft in recent days. In one, reported at 11:04 a.m. Feb. 21, money from a woman's account was used to post bail in the amount of $8,085. The woman, who works at the Stoneridge Shopping Center, was contacted when the person on bail didn't show up for court.
In the second incident, reported at about 4:24 p.m. Feb. 21, a woman reported a call from New Jersey asking why he'd received a check from the woman's business for more than $1,700. The woman, who hadn't authorized a purchase, contacted her bank and learned that checks in her name had been sent to New Jersey, Texas and Mississippi. Those checks were stopped before they were cashed and there was no money loss.
* A 60-inch flatscreen TV valued at $1,699 was stolen from a home in the 4300 block of Payne Road in a Feb. 22 residential burglary reported at about 3:35 p.m. Also stolen was an $800 camera, an iPad worth $699, and three computers worth a total of $1,020. A side garage door was kicked in to gain entry, and the house had been ransacked.
* Two bicycles valued at more than $1,600 were reported stolen at about 12:44 p.m. Feb. 22 from a home in the 1500 block of East Gate Way.
* A garage door of a home in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive was broken open Feb. 22, and a cordless drill/electric saw valued at $200 was stolen, along with a motorcycle helmet worth $200, four wrenches valued at $80, and a polishing/waxing buffer worth $20. The incident was reported at about 8:05 a.m.
* The cafeteria at Amador Valley High School was burglarized in a Feb. 21 incident, reported at 6:11 a.m. A window was broken and $100 in snacks -- 50 bags -- was taken.
* A fraud attempt was reported from a resident of the 3700 block of Pimlico Drive at 10:42 a.m. Feb. 22, when a resident called police to say someone had contacted his daughter, who was trying to sell a dress online. The man claimed his secretary had accidentally sent a check for $1,980 instead of the $90 price.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 9:36 a.m. in the 4400 block of Clovewood Lane
- 12:33 p.m. in the 3700 block of Reflections Drive
- 8:35 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road
- 11:04 a.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 4:24 p.m. in the 600 block of Main Street; identity theft
- 5:32 p.m. in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road; theft from structure
- 7:28 p.m. in the 1500 block of East Gate Way; bicycle theft
- 10:05 p.m. in the 5700 block of Owens Drive
- 10:31 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 6:11 a.m. in the 1100 block of Santa Rita Road
- 9:32 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
- 9:40 a.m. in the 3500 block of Bernal Avenue
- 11:25 a.m. in the 3900 block of Valley Avenue
- 9:13 p.m. at the intersection of Laguna Creek Lane and Valley Avenue
- 7:59 p.m. in the 4400 block of Black Avenue
- 10:42 a.m. in the 3700 block of Pimlico Drive; fraud
- 2:17 p.m. in the 1600 block of East Gate Way
- 5:53 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 6:01 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 11:04 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 8:05 a.m. in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive; residential burglary
- 12:44 p.m. in the 1500 block of East Gate Way
- 3:35 p.m. in the 4300 block of Payne Road; residential burglary
- 8:09 a.m. in the 3000 block of Tonopah Circle
- 1:47 p.m. in the 3500 block of Bernal Avenue
- 4:56 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 12:02 p.m. in the 1600 block of East Gate Way; bicycle theft
- 11:54 a.m. in the 400 block of Bolder Court; forgery
- 10:31 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; commercial burglary
- 10:38 p.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road
- 3:33 p.m. in the 3900 block of First Street
- 1:24 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Lockhart Lane
- 1:32 p.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue
- 10:36 p.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Bernal Avenue
- 11:12 p.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Stoneridge Drive
- 12:42 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 6:25 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 3:28 p.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; bicycle theft
- 3:01 p.m. in the 1100 block of Shady Pond Lane
- 11:37 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 6:21 p.m. at the intersection of Main Street and W. Angela Street
- 6:05 a.m. in the 1100 block of Concord Street
- 3:04 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Stanley Boulevard