Three cars worth more than $138,000 were stolen from Mercedes-Benz of Pleasanton in the 5800 block of Owens Drive overnight Aug. 3, according to police reports.
The three were part of a delivery of eight new cars dropped off by a car carrier after 7 p.m. that night. Sometime between then and 8:15 a.m. Aug. 4, a drop-off box that had the keys inside was pried open and the keys with embedded computer chips -- themselves worth about $1,500 -- were stolen.
An inventory showed that three cars were stolen, but all three had GPS devices. A black 2013 E350W, with a starting price of $51,000, according to the Mercedes-Benz website, was recovered by police in Richmond on Aug. 6.
A 2013 white, four-door C250W with a starting price of $36,675 and a silver four-door 2013 E350W also estimated at $51,000, remain missing.
In other police reports:
* More than a dozen people had their vehicles towed in the early morning hours of Aug. 5 as the city prepared to host the Fast and Furious event. Those cars, 16 in all, were towed between 2:24 a.m. and 4:28 a.m. from St. Mary Street.
* Abercrombie and Fitch at the Stoneridge Shopping Center was the target for shoplifters in two recent incidents. Two Sacramento women and one teenage girl from San Francisco were arrested with booster bags -- which are designed to hide stolen merchandise, and are often foil-lined to keep store sensors from activating.
The 17-year-old from San Francisco was arrested at about 1:22 p.m. Aug. 4 for burglary and possession of burglary tools. Twenty bottles of men's Fierce cologne worth $1,080 recovered.
Angelina Marie Olivas, 21, and Delicia Nicole Jenkins, 31, both of Sacramento, were arrested at about 4:18 p.m. Aug. 3 for felony shoplifting at Abercrombie and Fitch in the theft of nearly $500 in clothing. Olivas also had an outstanding felony burglary warrant from Chico.
* Michael Paul Onate, 43, formerly of Pleasanton but now homeless was arrested at about 6:40 a.m. Aug. 4 on charges of prowling, resisting arrest, contempt of court and a probation violation. Onate was arrested in the 2200 block of Crestline Road for an incident in the 2300 block Redberry Court.
Onate was also arrested June 19 for misdemeanor elder abuse of his parents, who live in Pleasanton, along with public intoxication, resisting arrest and violating a court order.
* Daniel Isaiah Villagomez, 19, of Manteca was arrested at about 3:13 a.m. Aug. 5 at 5102 Hopyard Road on an outstanding felony warrant for theft in Tracy. Villagomez was pulled over in a traffic stop.
* An Aug. 6 residential burglary in the 7400 block of Hillsdale Drive netted more than $10,000 in jewelry, along with camera equipment and other items. Taken were four sets of necklaces and earrings valued at $8,000, 10 gold Indian bracelets worth $3,000, a $1,000 pearl necklace, two sets of gold earrings worth $1,000, and a jewelry stand with miscellaneous necklaces worth a total of $1,000. Also stolen was a $450 Nikon video camera, 15 memory cards worth $200 in total, a $150 camera lens, a Kodak digital camera worth $100, a $60 camera bag and a $40 Canon battery charger, along with a jar containing about $20 in coins -- and three sheath knives worth $200. A glass panel on the front door was broken, providing access. The burglary was reported at about 6:59 p.m.
* Two businesses were hit in separate Aug. 5 commercial burglaries.
In one, at Fastenal in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle, a handheld computer worth $4,000 was stolen, along with a hole saw kit worth $250, three wrench kits worth a total of $240, an eight-piece Blackstone tool kit valued at $160, two boxes of aerosol glass cleaner cans worth $120 and $100 cash. The bolt of the deadbolt lock on the front door was cut and bent. The burglary was reported at about 1:12 p.m.
In the other, at Physiotherapy Associates in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Drive, four tablet computers worth $2,200 were stolen, along with $210 in cash, and a $100 stereo system The break-in was reported at about 4:31 p.m. Entry was gained though the front doors, which were pried open.
* Police are investigating a fraud reported at a home in the 2400 block of Romano Circle. In that incident, an insurance check was taken sometime between February and March and cashed at Union Bank, which is not used by the victims. That incident was reported Aug. 5 at 8:50 a.m.
* Police are also investigating an $800 fraudulent charge reported at 1:40 p.m. Aug. 4 by Bronson Motor Works in the 4200 block of Stanley Boulevard. That charge was to the Apple online store.
* An auto burglary in the 1600 block of Whispering Oaks Way netted a video camera worth about $1,100, along with an $850 iPad, a set of sunglasses valued at about $310, a camera battery worth about $90, a $50 backpack and two steel coffee mugs worth about $25. The theft took place between July 20 and 21, but was reported Aug. 1.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 9:37 a.m. in the 1600 block of Whispering Oaks Way; grand theft
- 11:34 a.m. in the 5700 block of Owens Drive
- 3:11 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road
- 6:24 p.m. at the intersection of Neal Street and First Street
- 11:17 p.m. in the 4100 block of Francisco Street; vandalism, battery
- 10:27 p.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness
- 11:22 p.m. at the intersection of Foothill Road and Deer Oaks Drive; DUI
AUG . 2
- 6:33 p.m. in the 5800 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 10:30 a.m. in the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road
- 12:02 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Ray Street; DUI
- 12:09 a.m. at the intersection of Mohr Avenue and Tanager Drive; DUI
- 12:52 a.m. in the 6700 block of Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 11:10 a.m. in the 1600 block of Santa Rita Road; public drunkenness
- 9:43 p.m. in the 4200 block of First Street; DUI
- 4:18 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8:46 a.m. in the 5800 block of Owens Drive; grand theft, vandalism
- 1:40 p.m. in the 4200 block of Stanley Boulevard; fraud
- 2:52 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; felony shoplifting
- 1:22 p.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road; burglary, possession of lock-picking tools
- 10:08 a.m. in the 4100 block of Churchill Drive
Controlled substance possession
- 10:44 p.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court
- 8:50 a.m. in the 2400 block of Romano Circle
- 1:12 p.m. in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle
- 4:31 p.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Drive
Under the influence of a controlled substance
- 2:27 a.m. in the 5600 block of Owens Drive
- 6:59 p.m. in the 7400 block of Hillsdale Drive
- 3:26 a.m. in the 4300 block of Foothill Road
- 8:40 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 11:27 p.m. at the intersection of Canyon Meadows Drive and Dublin Canyon Road; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 4:54 p.m. in the 400 block of Trebbiano Place
- 12:59 a.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and W. Las Positas Boulevard; DUI
- 1:44 a.m. at the intersection of Morganfield Road and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 8:21 a.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Chabot Drive; paraphernalia possession.