News

Pleasanton police say they may have solved murder dating back 20 years

Schedule press conference at 10 a.m. to announce arrest, details

The Pleasanton Police Department has scheduled a press conference at 10 a.m. this morning to announce the arrest of an individual in a local homicide case that dates back more than 20 years.

The meeting will be directed by Police Chief Dave Spiller, Captain Craig Eicher and Lieutenant Jim Knox from the department's investigation team.

Also there will be Detective Keith Batt, the lead detective in investigating the murder.

Representatives from the Alameda County District Attorney's office and the FBI will also be in attendance.

The group will make their report in police headquarters at 4833 Bernal Ave., Pleasanton.

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by Stephanie
a resident of another community
on Aug 8, 2011 at 8:55 am

I am thankful that they may have solved this! Although a year ahead of me in school, Tina played on my soccer team in Pleasanton.

I have no idea how many hundreds of thousands of lives her death affected, especially the way in which she died - I know it is something that I think about often in certain situations and surroundings.

Many blessings to Tina's family and friends.

Like this comment
Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 8, 2011 at 9:15 am

Thank you for solving the crime. Fantastic work! Gracias Pleasanton Police Department!

Like this comment
Posted by Old Friend
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Aug 8, 2011 at 9:48 am

I don't have the words to decribe my feelings. Tina, I've never forgotten you nor will I. RIP.

Like this comment
Posted by Mustang Sally
a resident of another community
on Aug 8, 2011 at 10:41 am

BRAVO to the Pleasanton Police Department and all who played a part in solving this very old, very cold case. Thoughts and prayers to Tina's mom and family...

Like this comment
Posted by Sue
a resident of Valley Trails
on Aug 8, 2011 at 10:46 am

If this is regarding Tina Faelz, I believe that is how it was spelled it's been so long ago, didn't she live in Valley Trails with her Grandmother?

Like this comment
Posted by leslea
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 8, 2011 at 11:30 am

Yes I remember this well. I was going to Foothill High School and it was the first murder in Pleasanton that affected my generation. It was extremely scary that the murderer was not caught at the time. So thankful that the P-town police haven't let this go.

Like this comment
Posted by Ferreira
a resident of Val Vista
on Aug 8, 2011 at 3:54 pm

My family knew Tina, Drew and her Mom, Shirley. After all this time I never thought there would be an end to the horrible crime. Now Tina can rest in peace and her family can have some closure. This animal has been caught and will pay for what he has done, hopefully. So sad though that this person was so troubled at such a young age that his family didn't notice he needed help. My prayers are with Shirley and family to give them the strength to go through what is next to come. Be strong.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

GE's re-organization reaches San Ramon digital headquarters

Sound and Fury over Vile and Slur-ry
By Tom Cushing | 60 comments | 977 views

New state housing requirements could affect Pleasanton
By Jeb Bing | 0 comments | 335 views