Sometimes when there's smoke, there's actually not a fire. That was the case Tuesday morning around 5:40 a.m., when a kitchen fire at Pho Saigon in the 800 block of Main Street was called in to the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department.
"We did not have an actual kitchen fire," said Battalion Chief Barry Rose. "We ended up having a pot that was left on the stove too long."
A burner under the pot had apparently been left on overnight, boiling the contents way and producing lots of smoke, but no fire and no damage. Rose said the restaurant should be able to open as normal today, although it was boarded up and closed late this morning.
Firefighters responded to the scene at about 5:40 a.m. and cleared by 6:30.