News

Foothill, Amador Valley high schools presenting Seuss musical at Amador Theater

'Seussical the Musical' on tap for performances tonight, next week

Amador Valley and Foothill high schools are joining forces again for their annual spring musical tonight at the Amador Theater.

This year they present "Seussical the Musical," which incorporates elements from at least 15 Dr. Seuss books.

Pictured is Jo Jo, the Who, who gets in trouble for thinking.

This year more than 100 students from both schools are participating. Shows are at 7:30 tonight, as well as March 25 to 27 at the Amador Theater, 1155 Santa Rita Road.

Tickets are $12 for adults and seniors, and $10 for students. To purchase tickets in advance, visit www.civicartstickets.org.

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by bobbi
on Mar 22, 2010 at 9:10 am

Seussical is absolutely amazing! Great job Amador and Foothill!! Go see it if you haven't! talented, talented kids!

Like this comment
Posted by Parent of Two
a resident of Val Vista
on Mar 22, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Parent of Two is a registered user.

Oh. My. God.

I went to see Seussical this Saturday in full cynic mode, expecting the off-key squeaky voices that I remembered from high school plays of my youth.

We have some amazingly talented kids in Pleasanton, and I wanted to take the opportunity to applaud them, the directors, their parents, and everyone who had anything to do with this production. This was San Francisco stage-level performing. My family has seen things like Beach Blanket Babylon, Spamalot, and Wicked in San Francisco, and this performance was honestly comparable to those much more expensive performances.

BRAVO!

Like this comment
Posted by RR
a resident of Stoneridge
on Mar 22, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Absolutely phenomenal performance!!! The kids are extremely talented. I went to see the show with 4 of my friends and our kids. All of us were completely blown away. Kudos to the kids, their coaches and the parents and all others who trained and nurtured these kids. Hope all the kids find all the success in their life.

Everyone should go see this show. They have it this Thu, Fri and Sat.

Like this comment
Posted by My 2/100
a resident of San Ramon
on Mar 22, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Would you, could you with a tax?
I could not, would not, with a tax.
I will not tax them in a house.
I will not tax them with a mouse.
I will not will not in a car.
Tax them! Tax them! Here they are!

Like this comment
Posted by Linda
a resident of Oak Hill
on Mar 23, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Great Show! Amazing energy, the orchestra is fantastic, the cast is fabulous! Go see this show!!!!

Like this comment
Posted by Ann
a resident of Verona
on Mar 23, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I saw this show Saturday night and was blown away by the amount of organization it took to pull this off - not to mention how wonderfully talented these kids are - Hats off to everyone who worked so hard to put this together - If you get the chance, please show your support - This show has star quality! I can't stop singing the tunes - thank goodness for Youtube!

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Couples: Engaged on Valentine’s Day! Topics to Discuss
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 4,323 views

Great rankings for Pleasanton high schools
By pleasantonweekly.com | 8 comments | 710 views