News

Home sweet home

NFL legend John Madden settles back into Pleasanton while still keeping busy

There is no denying that John Madden's resume is certainly extensive, very impressive and speaks volumes to the success he's achieved.

* Professional football coach, where he was the youngest coach to win 100 career regular season games, including a Super Bowl title and finishing without ever having a losing season as a head coach -- check.

* Broadcasting career, where he lasted 30 years and became arguably the greatest and most beloved color announcer in the history of professional football, where he earned 16 richly deserved Emmy awards -- check.

* National Football League Hall of Fame member, where he was inducted in August of 2006 -- check.

* Cultural icon, with his name -- and voice -- are associated with the top selling sports home video game of all time -- check again.

But Madden's crowning glory is the section of his resume which usually gets one line, buried in the middle of a lengthy story, but is the most important in his mind -- loving husband, devoted father and doting grandfather.

It's those final three accomplishments which drove Madden to retire from broadcasting in April of this year, leaving behind the incredible legacy he created in 30 years of coming into America's households through their televisions each fall and winter during football season.

Even though Madden loves football -- the man still lives, eats and breathes the game -- make no mistake about it, his first love always has and always will be his family. Countless times over the years, Madden would draw reference to Pleasanton and his family on both television and any radio programs he would do. It's educated football fans across the country as to exactly where Pleasanton, Calif. is located.

Now after stepping away from the career which kept him on the road from late August through January for the last 30 years, Madden, who has put Pleasanton on the map, now has the chance to be John Madden, the full-time family man.

At 73 years old, with five grandchildren and his 50th wedding anniversary with wife Virginia coming in December, it was time to walk away from the broadcast side of football and focus on family.

One week ago was a perfect example, as Madden was able to sit high up the stands at Foothill High and watch his sons Mike and Joe coach their freshman football team to a 34-7 win over Miramonte. Running around John and Virginia were some of the grandchildren. It was a classic scene and one which seemed so natural. There's no denying he was enjoying every minute of it.

Had it been a year earlier, chances are he'd have been on his bus heading out for this week's Sunday night football game.

"I think at sometime in your life, you have to get that," Madden said of the family time. "When you're a coach you don't get to see others play and when you're a broadcaster, you zone in on your own game. This is one of the great things now. For the first time, I can sit and watch other people play during the football season. I will be able to watch Joe and Mike coach the freshman team and be able to see the grandkids' games."

In other words, the loss to football fans across the country is the Madden family and Pleasanton's gain.

It's been a while since Madden has had the luxury of setting his own agenda this time of year. In fact, since 1950, when Madden was a freshmen in high school, he's seen his fall schedule pretty well set with football, first as a player in high school and college, then as a coach and finally, the incredible career as a broadcaster.

Now it appears, on the surface at least, Madden has time to burn and he's getting no shortage of suggestions how to fill the time.

"During football season, I would never see other people, but now I've got people asking me to go duck hunting," Madden said with a laugh. "(The fall) is duck hunting season, so I've never duck hunted and I'm not getting started now. I even had someone ask me to go dove hunting and I didn't even know they hunted dove."

While some may think Madden now has an empty slate, that couldn't be further from the truth, as Madden's plate is still very full. For starters, Madden is now a special advisor to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, a job which includes a conference call once a week, as well as one face-to-face meeting a month, which will probably take place in New York.

"I am trying to keep this to football as it's played," explained Madden of the advisory position. "There are plenty of guys in the NFL office who do the business and revenue sharing. I want this to be about the game as it's played on the field and everything which goes with that. It's about the competitive spirit -- making sure it doesn't go in the wrong direction."

In addition, Madden is also the chairman of the Coaches Sub-Committee, which also involves a weekly conference call with coaches around the NFL. Add in any promotion he does for the legendary Madden football video game -- and it's obvious he's not going to be just sitting around.

"I was worried about being bored," Madden said. "But advising the commissioner is going to take some time and the coaching sub-committee is taking up some time. I'm not bored yet."

And when he needs his football fix, Madden has a set-up which would make any football fan envious. Located in his Pleasanton office, Madden's got a man-cave for the ages, with nine, 63-inch monitors, as well as a big projection screen. It gives Madden the capabilities to watch every NFL game on TV, with audio options available for all 10 screens.

"The idea started years ago with CBS," Madden said. "They had a room with all the games they called, 'Roast Beef Central.' I had some weekends off and would go in there to watch all the games."

Even with the NFL season in the early stages, it didn't take Madden long to immerse himself in an NFL Sunday, something he's never been able to do before.

"I had all nine games on at 10 a.m., then the three or four games at 1 p.m., followed by the Sunday night game," Madden said of the first week of the season. "By the end of the day, I had a pretty good idea what was going on."

Week two of the NFL season saw Madden back on his bus and headed to Dallas for the regular season grand opening of the new Cowboys Stadium, which featured the Sunday night game of the week with the New York Giants.

"People ask me what I did with the bus," Madden said. "I still have a bus and I am still going to travel. The first two weeks (of the NFL season) have been pretty hectic. I went to the Raiders (Monday night) game the first week, then down to Dallas. Just because I stepped away from broadcasting, I didn't lose my passion or energy. I don't want to just sit in a rocking chair -- that's the last damn thing I want to do."

Credit his passion for football or his love and adoration for his family for his staying busy, as certainly both are true. But also give an assist to the late Walter Cronkite.

"When Cronkite died, I remember hearing something he said," Madden said. "When someone asked him for his advice to someone retiring, he said, 'Don't do it.' I really changed my tune by saying I didn't retire, I just retired from broadcasting football. I still have all these things -- I just retired from a part of it. I can see Cronkite's point and it's well taken."

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by Timothy T
on Oct 9, 2009 at 9:01 am

He's a good resident too! I love seeing him out at the Little League games last Spring rooting his grandson on and spending time talking with every single person that approach him.

I've met/known quite a few "stars" and he's approachable, nice, and loves the town that he had a big part in building.

Posted by Interesting
on Oct 9, 2009 at 9:08 am

(Comment removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff as innuendo, hearsay or specific accusatory information unsupported by facts.)

Posted by madden nation
a resident of Del Prado
on Oct 9, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Madden is the best!!!

Posted by Julie
on Oct 9, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Julie is a registered user.

I used to listen to John on the way to work (KCBS) and over time I really came to adore him! His comments were always so appropriate and insightful and he seems to be a very gracious, humble person.

Posted by Another Gatetree Resident
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Oct 10, 2009 at 4:45 am

Hey!! Comments by "Interesting" were removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff as being "innuendo, hearsay or specific accusatory information unsupported by facts."

Can't the post by "madden nation" be classified as the same thing? I don't know that Madden is the best, therefore it is "hearsay." "madden nation" accuses Madden of being the best. What if Madden doesn't want to be the best? Unless Madden says he's "the best," then that statement is unsupported by facts.

Come on Weekly -- Be balanced for a change. Editing posts is childish and your methods **appear** slanted to those you are partial to supporting.

Posted by Qwerty
on Oct 10, 2009 at 8:33 am

John Madden refuses to watch horse racing on closed circuit TV !!!!!

(this is just a test to see if Pleasanton Weekly will remove additional statements based on random speculation and heresay)

John Madden seems like a nice guy. I hope to see him around town more often.

Posted by Another Gatetree Resident
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Oct 10, 2009 at 11:41 am

Qwerty -- Please do not misunderstand me. I like John Madden. I think he's an amazing guy and he has provided me with years of laughter as I watched him rant on the sidelines as a coach and then as a commentator with humor mixed with true knowledge of the game of football.

My issue is with the Pleasanton Weekly Online staff what I view as censorship hidden behind the mask of "innuendo, hearsay or specific accusatory information unsupported by facts."

on Oct 10, 2009 at 11:59 am

Weekly,

If you think that saying the Madden's are slumlords, or that their large Pleasanton apartment complexes are poorly run and have major mold, go check this out for yourself. Go to Royal Gardens on Vinyard, walk around the exterior and you can SEE major delapitated and mold infested siding. Then go talk with any resident that has young kids at Santa Maria Apartments on Santa Rita and ask if kids and or toys are allowed outside!

on Oct 10, 2009 at 12:04 pm

It's NO differrent than saying that Raileys has flies, because Railey's has Flies!

The Madden's are PROUD of their senior complexes that are in GREAT condition and run professionally, however they HIDE the fact that they own over 200 apartment units here in pleasanton that ere very poorly managed and in very poor condition.

FACTS:

The roofs at Santa Rita needed to be re[laced 10 years ago and it rains inside units at times. The manager does NOT let kids play outside with any toys and has evicted many who have let their kids do this. That IS familial discrimination.

The Royal Gardens on Vineyard have mold the size of baseballs! The previous manager was extremely un professional. Go walok the outside of the buildings with a stick. You can poke right through the mold and rot almost anywhere!

Posted by Pleasanton Parent
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Oct 10, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Madden lives in Pleasanton and I still can't get Turduken anywhere in this town....Come on John, help a fellow Cal Poly alumni out.

Posted by Qwerty
on Oct 11, 2009 at 10:21 am

To: "Another Gatetree resident":

I'm not disageeing with you at all. I'm siding in with you because I've seen similar cases where comments were deleted or IP addresses banned for who knows what reason. (sometimes no reason given).

to: "Interesting"
If it is the case that the Madden owned apartment complexes are in poor condition, then it may be the fault of the management company. If the owner is very busy and far removed from the business, then they might not be aware of the situation. Most of them trust the management company to do the right thing. Then only way they would know otherwise is to get involved themselves. There is a HUGE range in the business practices of some of the management companies in this area. Some really do try to make repairs and take care of problems. Others seem to do the minimum required to keep residents from complaining. Then there are a few where they don't listen to anyone and then place goes down the toilet.

on Oct 11, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Well to be "far removed from business ventures" when the business gross in excess of 250,000 a month, and the business houses over 350 men woman and children, and the owners live within 2 miles of these apartments, that unacceptable.

Also, when the business owners are constantly applauded for their more posh ventures, but hide their not so posh ventures, that's just not right.

More so, the Apartments on Vineyard, where I live are dilapidated!
The maintenance for the property mangers say that the Maddens wont put out the necessary funds to do the extensive repairs.

If the City were to really inspect the 100 or so units, I am sure the buildings (Royal Garden) apartments would be RED TAGGED! The value is in the property and I am sure the "owners" are well aware that the buildings are infested with rot and huge amounts of mold.

on Oct 11, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Mike Madden, being on the Board of the Hauss School of Real Estate UC Berkeley, would be hard pressed to explain this "far removed" from the business and or health and other hazards, and or the actions of management, at family owned major apartment complexes in Pleasanton.

Haas School: Real Estate Sep 25, 2009 ... Fisher Center for Real Estate and Urban Economics .... Mike Madden, President Red Bear Property Management. Richard C. Mallory, Partner, ...
groups.haas.berkeley.edu/realestate/Fisher/PAB/index.asp - Cached - Similar

Posted by Rita
on Oct 11, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Sure is a lot of class envy going on up above here. I doubt any of it is true. Madden is a class guy and if there were a problem he would deal with it correctly. I think most are just envious of what he has accomplished and what they have not.

Posted by Jerry
a resident of Oak Hill
on Oct 12, 2009 at 1:49 am

Mayor John Madden - Sounds good to me...

Also, I would think if someone is living in the alleged conditions as stated by the poster, a simple phone call to the proper city department would be appropriate. After all, PUSD recently closed a school due to mold...

Better yet - Talk to the Maddens. His sons can be found coaching the Foothill Freshman team almost every weekday afternoon at Foothill High School...

A wise person once told me, "We're responsible for managing our own health care, not someone else"...

Posted by Qwerty
on Oct 12, 2009 at 10:57 am

I don't think jealousy has anything to do with the problems stated here as one post suggested. Busy people like the Madden's aren't going to have time to investigate every business interest on a daily basis, which is why they hire a mangement company to take care of the apartments. On the other hand, if the residents are complaining and the management company is telling them that "no money will be spent on such-and-such repair", then that is a travesty. If that really is happening then yes, the Madden's should be held accountable.

Far too often, the owner's assume that the management company is taking care of everything but that is not always the case. Theoretically the owners should be more involved but either they don't live in the area and cannot do so easily or they are just simply too busy.

If they residents feel their complaints have fallen on deaf ears then they should call the city to complain. That might prompt the owners to get ore involved, particularly if the problems are so bad as to sully their reputation.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Go to Royal garden aparments on Vinyard. Enter on the Vinyard drive way. Walk down the first path on the left. LOOK at the severely rotten and moldy siding at the bottom on the first two sheds. Continue walking and looking around. Ask a few residents about water enering their apartments etc.

Go to Santa Maria Apartments on Santa Rita. Talk to tennants there about the manager, kids,, evictions etc. The tennants are miserable.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 1:01 pm

One last comment, the owners are well aware of all of the above and more. They get a free ride because of their status in the community. The building departments in Pleasanton and Livermore are in their pockets as well.

Posted by water damage
on Oct 12, 2009 at 1:04 pm

[Post removed due to same poster using multiple names]

Posted by Larry
on Oct 12, 2009 at 2:48 pm

If you have a complaints about Royal Gardens or Santa Maria
Apts, then post your real name and telephone number and you
will be contacted. Both properties have been well maintained
and there is no mold. The only dry rot is in some sheds that
will be replaced at Royal Gardens.

Posted by Samuel
a resident of Las Positas
on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:08 pm

I have worked in maintenance at Royal Gardens....Everything that has been said here is False
1. The Owners do Care
2. The Management Company does take care of issues when they arise
3. There isnt any mold in the appartments
4. Its not discriminating against families if your children are doing something dangerous and someone says something...They have to worry about their liability..
5. After every tenant moves out the apartments are stripped and repainted....New carpet, new bathroom, new cabinets.....everything....

When this newspaper removes comments it is not being biased...it is just being honest....have the editors visited the apartments?

on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Can we assume that you are the representative or property manager for the Madden's?

If so, why don't YOU post your full name, business and contact information.

I have lived at Royal Gardens for 3 years! It has literally rained inside several apartments as the roofs are in a severe condition of neglect.

There has been major leaking around windows. They maintenance guys have been replacing siding for years. One can put their hand right through the rotten siding all over the place. The MOLD is extensive and the size of baseballs, as evidenced in both the sheds, as well as a lot of the area's where the siding has been replaced, but the MOLD not addressed. This has been brought up many times to management.

When that contractor did the siding around our slider, we asked about the mold and the guy said he was only contracted to replace some siding and a shed.

WE have 3 family friends who have been kicked out of Santa Maria for their kids playing! Residents are terrified of the on site manager.

I truely think tha if you are the property management company, that you and the Maddens are WELL aware of all this.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Sam, I posted EXACTLY where the MOLD is and maitenance and property manager and OWNERS are all WELL aware!

So, who are you kidding here? Several residence are doing a class action suit for familial discrimination against Santa Maria and residents at Royal Gardens are going past City Of Pleasanton to the Health Department.

Posted by Larry
on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:30 pm

This is amazing, no resident has ever complained about mold.
We have never been informed about familial discrimination.
Again if you have any problems or complaints at Royal Gardens
or Santa Maria Apts, please email me at PleasantonProperties@gmail.com
Thank you....

Posted by Larry
on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:32 pm

I am sorry I forgot to mention that I do manage
both properties.....

on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:42 pm

In speaking with a friend at Santa Maria Apartments, it was further revaled that the managers son, who hyas been favored over childrens, is a REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER.

Perhaps this explains the managements obsession with children playing outside?

Moreno, David Charles
Address: 2323 Santa Rita Rd # 44
Zip code: 94566
Crime: 288(B) - Lewd Or Lascivious Acts With Child Under 14 Years W/Force
Sex: Male
Date of birth: 01-19-1974
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Brown
Height: 5'8
Weight: 200
Race: Hispanic

Posted by interesting,
on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:49 pm

No, I think it is more "interesting" that you wont post your company name or real e-mail address, or your last name!

Also, that you have audacity to claim that no one has ever brought the MOLD, water damage, leaking ceilings and windows and siding, or the Familial Discrimination to your firms attention.

That is obsurd! Just REMEDY the problems! Take a look around, talk to the tennants if your memory fails you.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Absolutely NO "Pleasanton Properties" doing business in Pleasanton or surrounding cities. However the residents do pay rent to a property management firm at Santa Mara, so that's a no brainer.

Just cover the Maddens and do your job! You know what's up!

Posted by Larry
on Oct 12, 2009 at 4:15 pm

I nor the new manager nor maintenance men have seen or been told of
mold. Just email and problems will be solved. All properties which
we manage have pride of ownership and very little differed maintenance.
We know there are only one or two parties who are doing these emails
so please email me I want to solve your problems.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 4:37 pm

@ Larry,

"The only dry rot is in some sheds that will be replaced at Royal Gardens."

"Both properties have been well maintained and there is no mold."

Oh Really?

If the ONLY dry rot is "in some sheds" that why is their dry rot all over the buildings, of which some siding had been SLOWLY addressed, BUT NOT the baseball sized hunks of MOLD in the walls, that's just covered up! Also, if these "few shed" are "going to be replaced" then why were NEW fences that abut the sheds erected over two years ago, but NONE of the sheds replaced? You can lean on the siding in many places all over the buildings and go right through, you know that!

@ Sam,

"The Owners do Care"

How do you know this? Are they just short on funds. When mentioning all the primo properties in the press, they NEVER mention these 200 or more junkie apartments.

"The Management Company does take care of issues when they arise"

What "issues" and on what timeline?

"There isn't any mold in the apartments"

That's just a flat out lie! Go walk around and you can see the damage and mold with the naked eye, let alone inspecting more closely.

"Its not discriminating against families if your children are doing something dangerous and someone says something...They have to worry about their liability"

Playing with toys, or riding a bike outdoors, or rather that being against the rules, is against the law.

" upon every tenant moves out the apartments are stripped and repainted....New carpet, new bathroom, new cabinets.....everything"

New cabinets, new bathroom, new carpet, everything? Then why is that not the case when new neighbors move in?

This is unreal!! Don't worry, there are groups of residents at BOTH complexes speaking with Lawyers.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Larry,

"If you are genuinely concerned, just email me any problems and I'll be glad to meet with anyone at Royal Gardens or Santa Maria. Again neither I nor the new manager nor maintenance men have seen or been told of mold." "All properties which we manage have pride of ownership and very little differed maintenance."

Are YOU KIDDING? If Maddens are that far removed from the $250,000 thousand a moth rents, and YOUR Management Firm is that FAR Removed to NOT know whats going on at either of the 100 unit plus properties, that that is just plain not right.

Get out there, take a look, take along a professional, talk to the residents!

Posted by Larry
on Oct 12, 2009 at 4:57 pm

INTERESTING,

It seems as though you are the only complaining.
Why don't email me with the location of mold
(specific locations) and problems and we'll
solve them? Your accusations are unfounded
and lack evidence. You are obviously very computer
literate so use a different email but be honest with
your accusations and complaints. We want all our
residents to feel comfortable living in our apts.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Look, As I said, get involved with the buildings, the problems and the tennants. What I mentioned is NO secret and you and the owners know that.

I have NO personal problems with the owners or management. There are groups of current and previous renters from both properties that are in the process of seeking legal representation from what I hear. I am not involved with those groups. The "eviction" rate at Santa Maria is a tell tale sign from what I have been told.

I just find all the press about the owners and their primo real estate and businesses etc., ironic, considering their IS a slumlord component and mentality with the MANY apartments they own, and that they work at keeping under the radar. These are easy to get into and the rent is low for Pleasanton, so people are mostly afraid to complain.

No big deal! YOU have work to do! Get on it!

on Oct 12, 2009 at 5:13 pm

This thread only started yesterday and I doubt that any of the tennants are focused on this forum. YOU know where the rot and mold is. Some has been relaced slowly and a whole lot of bad wood, rot and mold remains.

As far as Santa Rita, I have never lived there but have family and friends that have. GO talk to the tennants. They are terrified of the manager over there! In fact, a family stayed with us after ther were evicted, because their child rode a scooter on the sidewalk.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 5:22 pm

There are literally hundreds of places where the wood has rot and there is a lot of mold in the rot. I did specifically mention a place to start! I think you are much more concerned withy damge control, than you are with the damage!

There have been several contractors as well as the in house maitenance crew over the years replacing wood siding and trim.

When the siding around my sliding glass door was replaced, the huge amounts of mold were just left there. I saw this to be the norm as they replaced more siding.

Are you going to continue to deny the replacing of the siding over time as well as the mold? The damage is so bad, that the entire buildings would need to be remediated to solve the problem.

Perhaps its the MOLD that you masy be unaware of? Take a handfull out of most any she, thats where you can gain access easily. Look around all the windows, all the siding, all the trim and take a stick to poke through the rot.

Posted by Roger
on Oct 12, 2009 at 6:02 pm

The managers at Santa Maria Apartments don't even have a son. And we should know because we are the on-site resident managers. At the Santa Maria Apartments the kids are playing outside right now with toys. In fact the last I saw them they had put down their light-sabers and were break dancing on a piece of cardboard. The kids play outside all summer, everyday after school and most weekends. The management and the parents here work hard together to make this a very safe place for children and families. Come see for yourself. Our strength here is that we all work together to make our homes safe and enjoyable for everyone. Our complex is very culturally diversified and all the residents here are friendly caring people.
The roofs do not leak. In the past we have had situations were the gutters have become clogged and have overflowed due to an early unexpected rain. That situations was handled immediately. In fact because of that situation we have avoided that problem by having the gutters cleaned earlier in the season. Even though that means possibly having to clean them twice in one season. All maintenance issues are dealt with in a very timely manner. And we are very family friendly here. We wont dignify all these baseless negative hateful comments above with a reply. All we can say is that in a situation like this you must consider the source. And there seems to be only one source. And I do take note that all these comments are anonymous. Also we have no knowledge of any eviction regarding a child riding a scooter. Our neighbors know they have an open line of communication with the management of this complex. Not only do we work hard to make people feel safe it would be interesting to know why any of our neighbors would be afraid of the management. As I have said give us a call and then come see for yourself.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Just checked with two friends again tonight that were evicted for their kids playing and not following your 6 pages of rules. Their are a total of 6 families as I understand that are filing suit.

Apperantly you type out rules constantly and post on the doors.
One of these rules is how to open and close a cubbord door!

[Portion removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language]
Public information straight from the Megans Law web site. Apperently he used to be called "uncle Dave" by all the kids he was friendly with, until someone discovered he is a registered sex offender, and he has maintained a low profile since. Do you deny that? If so, the public registry is LYING!

Further, it appears that YOUR son in law moved into a different apartment he wanted close to the road, in which a family was evicted because their kids were riding bikes and scooters.

If you wish to deny that you have excessive rules and that you make it VERY hard on families with children, the truth will come out.

I would ask that anyone with any doubts, talk with some tennants. Also look for reviews of Santa R$ita Apartments.

Posted by Roger
on Oct 12, 2009 at 9:59 pm

You seem to have a lot of wrong and or false information.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Wow, just looked at some more recent reviews for the Santa Maria Apartments. GREAT reviews and they read almost identical to your wording above! Nice work! In fact BETTER overall reviews than ANY other apartments in Pleasanton! Genius!

Hopefully the property management company already resolved some of the major issues with your dictator management style and illegal rules more recently?

Good for you, if that is the case, but the tennants haven't noticed yet!

on Oct 12, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Is your eviction rate wrong or false?

Are the threats to the tennants of eviction really not happening regularly?

Is your management style, or more so your wifes, really that fantastic?

Are the majority of the tennants really that happy?

(portion removed)

on Oct 12, 2009 at 10:17 pm

You all seem to be sweating bullets for such a perfect group of property management people, with properties that are in such great shape and managed so well?

INTERESTING..

The entire point I was trying to make, was that even prestigious and famous people have their motives and can be slumlords!

From what I understand, your buildings are not that bad compared to Royal Gardens, so just lighten up on the tennants and kids and hope for the best legally.

on Oct 12, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Since ALL 153 Weekly Readers have already read this thread, It's time for the Weekly to do their usual magic...

Damage Control for the elite!

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Oct 12, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

To Qwerty and Another Gatetree Resident way back up near the top of the thread,

The difference is that there's something called defamation. Saying "John Madden refuses to watch horse racing on closed circuit TV !!!!!", while hearsay, has no obvious malicious intent behind it. Neither does saying "Madden is the best".

on Oct 13, 2009 at 12:12 am

Nor is the TRUTH defamation! God only knows how many kids have been affected by the mold at Royal Gardens?

God does know how many familes have had hardship due to the management at Santa Maria?

There is NO defamation here what so ever!

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Oct 13, 2009 at 8:22 am

Stacey is a registered user.

You wrote some opinion about Madden and his family mixed in there with a statement of fact that the average reader here has no way to verify the truth of. If you think a truth defense will protect you, good luck.

on Oct 13, 2009 at 8:38 am

OMG! I guess I am the first and only person to "write some opinion" about another Pleasanton resident on the forum!

Good Grief!~

The supposed opinion is TRUTH and sometimes the TRUTH hurts!

Posted by Janet Pelletier
Pleasanton Weekly assistant editor
on Oct 13, 2009 at 9:47 am

Janet Pelletier is a registered user.

This topic has run its course. Thank you for posting.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Couples: Engaged on Valentine’s Day! Topics to Discuss
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 2,346 views

Great rankings for Pleasanton high schools
By pleasantonweekly.com | 7 comments | 553 views