Our own Dennis Miller is giving his Alameda County Fair horseracing picks for today, July 17.
1. Shotgunn Willie...Won two straight vs. similar earlier this year Midnites Grey..Scorched field here in first week win Go The Limit...Shooting for third straight win.
2. Dash Decision...Broke poorly, still got up for second BF Game Lady...Broke maiden first start after two year break Super Black Dash...Got maiden score here last week.
3. Quite the Man...Horse has been nothing but solid this year Ramon Simone...Will need a pace to run at Proud Cajun...Baze keeps mount on solid board hitter.
4. Super Plan...Two solid starts and works for this one I'm a Princess...Beat better just two starts back Olive Queen...Returns after a brief break.
5. Refinery...Back to claiming ranks after decent allowance race Britt's Jules...Beaten favorite here week one Street Lights...Could be setting the pace.
6. Best Verse...Broke last start, now faces bottom level winners Razor Cut...Drops to bottom after a break, gets blinkers Yorkville Kid...Should be a satisfying placement for horse.
7. Rockin the City...Just missed after shipping north and taking big drop Halo's Highway...Been off seven months, drops to bottom level King Farha...Takes drop, blinkers come off.
8. Tripp to Glory...Dropped to this level and won last out KiKi's Dance...Always fighting for a piece of the pie Mother Bronson...Had success at this level earlier this year.
9. Silver Helmet...Smashed field in Stockton for maiden score Chauncey...Second here against similar on July 3 Mister Softy...Disappointing effort here in first week of Fair.