Our own Dennis Miller is giving his Alameda County Fair horseracing picks for today, July 16.
1. Okie Barbie...Hit board three of four this year Elise Nelson...Been knocking on the door Jon Bon Jovi...Might be living on a prayer.
2. La Jest a Flash...Rolled here last week, shooting for three straight Otis...Will be right there with the favorite MacHo Maury...Hammered the field in sizzling maiden score.
3. Rudeameanie....Dueled then tired here opening day Squire Trelawny...Shortens up after break, takes big drop Rave Rave Rave...Always around battling for a piece.
4. Pisa Playboy...Trainer lost, then reclaimed horse, gets top jock Blue Suede Hooves...Barn very solid on the stretch out E Street Federici...Had a nice work for race, gets blinkers.
5. Lakeshore Court...Ran second here last week, keeps Baze Barrel Knot...Turned in pretty decent run here in first week War Wager...Not bad effort here week one, adds blinkers.
6. Minister Meeting...Tired in lane in debut, still finished second P Town Topper...Finished fourth in pretty solid maiden race Soul Kiss...Look to fire in debut.
7. Sherri Said...Pace setter shortens up, could wire field Hadl's Hey Day...Third vs. similar here in first week Mary the Princess...Expect this one to be in the mix.
8. Mark of a Pirate...Beat better in his last starry In Session...Stretches back out after sprint following break Mr. Rancho Vista...Led, gave way in the lane in Stockton.
9. Skimpy...Taking on winners for first time, seems set for success
Warren's Sassy Cat...Always seems to be hitting the board Norm's Princess...Solid outing in maiden score.