A middle-aged Contra Costa County man with the H1N1 virus died last week, the second person to die with the illness in the county, Contra Costa Health Services announced Wednesday.
The first person in the county to die with swine flu was 9-year-old Concord resident Karen Perez, according to the Contra Costa County coroner's office. She died May 29.
Health officials were not releasing the man's name Wednesday afternoon, but said he had no other major health conditions.
There is no known connection between the two victims, according to the health department.
In Contra Costa County, there are currently 120 confirmed H1N1 cases and an additional 109 probable cases, but it is estimated that hundreds of other people in the county have the illness, health services spokeswoman Kate Fowlie said. The majority of the cases have been mild to moderate and only cases involving hospitalizations are being tested, according to health officials.