Police BulletinHome holdup reported
Pleasanton police are investigating a Nov. 1 robbery at a home in the 1500 block of Oak Vista Way. The holdup was reported at about 8:45 p.m.; additional details were not immediately available.
In other police reports:
* Two men have been taken into custody in recent days on elder abuse warrants.
Justin Ryan Briggs, 37, was arrested at about 10:56 p.m. Oct. 31 at a residence in the 3700 block of Rose Rock Circle on a felony charge of elder abuse.
Clayton Joel Sternick, 32, of Hayward was arrested on felony and misdemeanor warrants at about 3:01 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 3200 block of Vineyard Avenue. Sternick was wanted on a felony charge of embezzling from a dependent adult and misdemeanor charges of theft and accessing a credit card.
* A resident of a home in the 3700 block of Ashwood drive reported that someone has created and cashed a fake check for $362 using her account information. The victim told police she discovered the fraud when she received her bank statement.
* Jason Eric Shorr, 44, of Pleasanton was arrested on felony and misdemeanor warrants at about 8:10 a.m. in the 700 block of St. Michael Circle. Shorr was wanted on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance and a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving.
* An overnight auto burglary Nov. 4 netted a $1,500 laptop, four rims worth a total of $2,000 and a $30 briefcase. The incident took place in the 5600 block of Owens Drive between 8:30 p.m. Nov. 4 and 9 a.m. Nov. 5; the vehicle's right rear window had been smashed.
* Nothing was apparently taken in a Nov. 4 burglary at East Bay Pediatrics in the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road. Police responded to an alarm set off by the office's motion detector and found a window pried open and that the office had been searched. The incident occurred at about 12:12 p.m.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.