Police BulletinTires cut on more than two dozen cars
Pleasanton police are investigating the vandalism of 28 cars on four streets late Friday or early Saturday, March 24, according to police reports.
Suspects punctured the sidewalls of the victims' tires, making the tires unfixable. The vehicles were all parked on the road in front of the victims' homes; the puncture marks looked like they were caused with a half-inch knife blade in what police are calling apparent "random acts of vandalism."
Fourteen vehicles parked on Valley Trails Drive were damaged, along with 10 on Yellowstone Court, three on Cumberland Gap Court and one on Isle Royal Court. There are no suspects.
In other police reports:
* An Oakland man was arrested March 22 on multiple counts after using false identification while attempting to cash a $7,094 tax return check at Walmart. James Lewis, 28, was charged with identity theft, forgery, possession of stolen property and burglary. He was taken into custody at about 2:12 p.m.
* Oakland resident Raul Ademar Puzul Roche, 23, was arrested for possession of stolen property after an incident at Cost Plus just after midnight March 24, in which cardboard and wood pallets were taken. Roche was taken into custody at about 12:36 a.m. in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue.
* A Livermore woman was arrested March 25 following an incident in which three women ran after activating an electronic alarm while exiting Kohl's at about 7:30 p.m. All three women denied stealing clothing that had been taken from the store and Kohl's declined to prosecute. However, Mrianna Martir, 19, was taken into custody on an outstanding warrant.
* A random hotel check at 3:22 a.m. March 25 at Motel 6 in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road led to the arrest of a Modesto man on a felony warrant and possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance. A police check of license plates led to the arrest of Brian Paul Clark, 46, for possession of methamphetamine and an outstanding warrant for possession of controlled substance in San Jose.
* Natasha N. Barr, 26, of Oakland, was arrested at about 10:56 a.m. March 20 for grand theft and identity theft in connection with an incident at 1155 Santa Rita Road. No other details were available; the case remains under investigation by another agency.
* An auto burglary at ClubSport in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive netted a laptop, a $400 iPhone, a $300 purse, a $200 briefcase, and a $100 wallet. The theft took place at about 9:37 a.m.; a passenger window of the vehicle was smashed.
* A locking mechanism valued at about $1,000 was damaged when someone tried to pick the drivers side door lock of a car parked in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue between 6 p.m. March 22 and 7 a.m. March 23. Nothing was stolen.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.