Livermore P.D. investigating sexual assault at LPC
College issues guidelines for safety
The Livermore Police Department is investigating a sexual assault that reportedly occurred last week on the Las Positas College campus. The assault was reported to have taken place Aug. 17 at approximately 3 p.m. in Parking Lot A.
The suspect apparently met the victim that day. According to the report, he befriended her and coaxed her into his car where he sexually assaulted her. He did not display any weapons at the time of the assault.
Anyone who may have witnessed this crime or have information should contact campus safety at Extension 1699 or the Livermore Police Department at 371-4900.
The college has issued these safety guidelines:
* Walk in well-lighted areas and avoid walking alone at night.
* Know the locations of campus pay telephones and emergency call boxes and have the campus safety emergency number (424-1699) on your cell phone.
* Report any suspicious or criminal activity to campus safety or a college employee.
* If you need an escort, call campus safety at 424-1699.
If you are the victim of sexual battery:
* Get to a safe place
* As soon as possible, contact campus safety, the local police department, the L.P.C. health center, or a member of the college's staff.
* Contact someone you trust to support you.