How to giveContributions to the Pleasanton Weekly Holiday Fund will be increased by the Tri-Valley Community Foundation. For every $1 contributed, $2 will be donated to these local organizations. All contributions will go directly to programs that benefit Pleasanton and Tri-Valley residents. Contributions will be distributed by the Tri-Valley Community Foundation to the five agencies listed below. No administrative costs will be deducted from the gifts, which are tax-deductible as permitted by law.
Your gift helps seniors, children and others in need
This year, due to the tremendous need of all nonprofits, donations will be shared equally among the five recipient agencies.
For more information call us at 600-0840 or e-mail email@example.com.
The following agencies will be supported by the Holiday Fund:
* Axis Community Health: Provides medical, mental health, addiction counseling and health education services to more than 20,000 patients and clients each year, regardless of their ability to pay. An estimated 70 percent have no medical insurance or are underinsured, including some that have recently lost their jobs and health benefits. Call 462-1755 or visit www.axishealth.org.
* Ryan Comer Cancer Resource Center at ValleyCare: The ValleyCare Health Library and Ryan Comer Cancer Resource Center, established in 1991, offers free access to easy to understand, up-to-date health and medical information. Open to the public, the library is located in the ValleyCare Medical Plaza, 5725 W. Las Positas Blvd., Suite 270, Pleasanton. The center is named for Ryan Comer, a star baseball player at Amador Valley High School who died of a rare form of pediatric cancer known as rhabdomyosarcoma in 1991 at age 17.
* Hope Hospice: Hospice care is unique because it works to not only meet the needs of those at the end of life but also supports the emotional and spiritual needs of the family as well. Hope hospice care is provided regardless of the ability to pay and relies on contributions such as those raised by the Pleasanton Weekly Holiday Fund.
* Open Heart Kitchen: As the only nonprofit free soup kitchen in the Tri-Valley area, this service provides nutritious meals for low-income people in the area at Trinity Lutheran Church in Pleasanton, Holy Cross Lutheran and Vineyard Christian Fellowship in Livermore, and CrossWinds Church in Dublin. Visit www.openheartkitchen.org or call 580-1616.
* Valley Humane Society: This nonprofit group's mission is to teach responsible pet ownership. It assists in rescuing and placing abandoned or injured animals and operates an adoption center on Nevada Street in Pleasanton. It does not euthanize unless health problems dictate. Call 426-8656.