Police BulletinMan stabbed in bar fight at Redcoats
A Pleasanton man was stabbed in a fight outside Redcoats British Pub and Restaurant at 336 St. Mary St. on Jan. 4, although according to a police report he didn't initially realize he'd been injured badly enough to require medical care.
At about 8:11 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 5, the victim, who'd been stabbed in the back, walked into the Emergency Room at ValleyCare Medical Center on Las Positas Boulevard. He told workers there he'd had been involved in a fight the night before and was stabbed.
The victim, 27, had sustained a single non-life-threatening stab wound to his back, described in a police report as minor; he was treated and released from the hospital.
The man told police he went to pick up his girlfriend who'd told him a male at the bar was harassing her. The victim arrived at the rear and an altercation ensued between him and the other male, according to reports. During the fight, the suspect pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim once in the back.
The suspect fled the area on foot and the victim left with his girlfriend, believing the wound was not serious. It was not until the next morning that he realized he needed medical attention.
Police had been called to the scene on a report of a fight in Redcoats parking lot at about 12:37 a.m., but police at the scene didn't see a fight and couldn't locate any witnesses.
It appears to be an isolated incident, according to police reports, but the investigation is continuing and anyone with additional information about the fight can contact the Pleasanton Police Department at 931-5100.
In other police reports:
* New technology led to the arrest of a Pleasanton woman for auto theft. The Pleasanton Police Department recently began using an automated license scanning system, with monitors mounted on cars.
Ashley Whiteside, 25, was arrested at about 11:39 a.m. Jan. 5 in the 4700 block of Harrison Street for auto theft and probation violation when the digital reader checked the license plate, which turned up a Subaru reported stolen from Livermore.
* Samuel Hugh Chandler, 42, of Castro Valley was arrested at 1:17 p.m. Jan. 3 at the intersection of Stanley Boulevard and California Avenue for sale of methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine for sale. A traffic stop yielded a digital sale, leading to the sales arrest, and a search turned up 6.2 grams of methamphetamine, which led to the possession arrest.
* Godofredo Ravello, 54, of San Francisco was arrested at about 5:15 p.m. Jan. 5 in the 1100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road for felony shoplifting and possession of burglary tools. Ravello was arrested for using a booster bag to steal clothing valued at $2,052 from Abercrombie and Fitch in the Stoneridge Shopping Center. He was initially spotted by store security, but got away and was taken into custody by mall security.
* Daniel Robert Bobba, 27, a transient, was arrested at about 10:30 p.m. Jan. 7 for burglary at Safeway in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road for stealing food. Bobba, who had no money, was arrested for felony burglary because he entered the store with the intent to commit a theft.
* Two residents and several stores at the mall were victims of identity theft in recent days.
In one, reported at about 5:19 p.m. Jan. 8, several charge accounts were opened in the name of a victim, a resident of the 4100 block of Peregrine Way. Five charges were made in the amounts of $1,005, $917, $542, $2,361 and $964. In another, reported at about 5:26 p.m. Jan. 2 by a resident of the 6000 block of Corte Montanas, a credit card taken in a burglary was used to obtain fast food and gas.
And in a Jan. 7 incident reported at about 8:41 a.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road, a bogus credit card was used to charge $503 at one store and $114 at another before being declined at a third.
* A number of people were arrested recently on outstanding arrest warrants.
Anthony Quinones, 21 of Pleasanton, was arrested at 1:02 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 4900 block of Owens Drive on a felony warrant.
Matthew Joseph Aguirre, 18, of Newark was arrested at about 2:51 p.m. Jan. 5 in the 5300 block of Owens Drive on a felony warrant.
Jessica Lack, 43, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 5:59 a.m. Jan. 5 in the 2300 block of Corte de la Jara on a felony warrant.
* Two passports were stolen in a Jan. 6 residential burglary in the 4300 block of Denker Drive; entry was through a side garage door.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.