Tri Valley Rotary sponsoring coat drive for needy children
Original post made on Nov 27, 2012
Bank of America's downtown Pleasanton branch on Main Street
• ClubSport Pleasanton, 7090 Johnson Drive, Pleasanton
• Coffee Co., 5424 Sunol Blvd., in the Raley's Shopping Center
• Hairlights Salon, 4307 Valley Ave, Suite F, Pleasanton
In Livermore, the collection locations are:
• Casse Croute Bakery, 50 S. Livermore Ave., near First Street
• Pacific Coast Seed, 533 Hawthorne Place, Livermore
Donations must be made by Dec. 14. The Rotary Club will distribute the coats on Saturday, Dec. 15. For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 7:30 AM
on Nov 27, 2012 at 9:48 am
Has anyone ever driven by Walnut Grove Elementary School and noticed at different times of the year the many coats, backpacks, etc. hanging on a fence within the school grounds. I am told these are items that are left by the children and never claimed. By the end of the school year there must be hundreds. Unfortunately I have seen them hanging on the fence during rainy days also. It tells me that when a child forgets his coat or whatever, his parents do not make him or her return to find it. It must be easier to just replace it with a new one, and many people cannot afford to do that. Perhaps the school can work with some area shelters that could find good use from these.