To Paraphrase MLK, "I Have a Nightmare"
Original post made by John on May 25, 2009
"Let America be America Again: Obama wants to re-create America in his image. We cannot allow him to succeed." By David Solway
(This excerpt from the above article is but a few of the reasons why Americans should be concerned:)
- the disclosure of Obama's problematic affiliations with unrepentant former terrorist Bill Ayers, American-and-Jew bashing pastor Jeremiah Wright, and corrupt real estate developer Tony Rezko, as well as his imbibing of community organizer and social agitator Saul Alinsky's revolutionary manual, Rules for Radicals;
the sealed university records. Why has Obama refused to make them public? What has he got to hide?
- the massive bailout scheme, inflationary deficit spending, and gargantuan expansion of the national debt, rising to a whopping proportion of GDP actually, to half and possibly more of the entire U.S. budget as well as the cap-and-trade program, which augurs monetary disaster in the coming years, notwithstanding any short-term stimulus jolt. In the long term, this fiscal package amounts to borrowing from America's unborn children;
- the cramdown policy of "trading off" the assets of troubled firms such as Chrysler, in effect making his campaign-funding United Auto Workers union a majority shareholder and leaving first-lien bondholders largely unsecured;
the reluctance to develop American oil and natural gas reserves and the related binding of American entrepreneurship to green energy initiatives, which are both grossly inefficient and prohibitively costly;
- the stated intention to "spread the wealth around" which elevates the principle of equality over the principle of freedom, a maneuver that historically has led to a level of drab and phlegmatic sameness among the masses governed by a small, privileged managerial elite. Aristotle had it pegged long ago when he wrote in Book V, Chapter 8 of The Politics, "In democracies the rich ought to be treated with consideration; there should be no levy on capital with redistribution of property, nor any redistribution of income, such as goes unnoticed in some cities." When it comes, however, to preserving their own substantial wealth, Aristotle's advice has certainly been accepted by the plutocratic cohort of America's leading "socialists," including the president, which tends to go unnoticed in some cities though this is not exactly what the great philosopher had in mind;
- the apology to the world at large for American unilateralism rather than the assertion of legitimate pride in the historic ventures of a great nation the savior of Europe, the largest contributor to the United Nations, the protector of commercial sea lanes, the international benefactor of last resort, and, up to now, the world's mainstay against totalitarianism;
- the apology to the Islamic world for America's past sins the same America that rescued Kuwait from Saddam Hussein's aggression, intervened militarily on behalf of Bosnia-Herzegovina, did more than any other country to help establish Kosovo as an Islamic state, sends $2 billion annually in foreign aid to Egypt and hundreds of millions to Jordan, and contributes massively to Palestinian coffers and militia training;
- the offer to treat with Taliban "moderates" in Afghanistan when there is no such thing as a Taliban "moderate";
- the proposed reduction in American military spending, impacting the navy and the air force in particular, at precisely the time that China is vying to become the world's major naval power and Russia is buzzing our coasts and landing state-of-the-art bombers in Venezuela;
- the lack of interest in missile shield development and EMP defense in an increasingly perilous and incendiary world;
- the soft, deer-nosed approach to a rapidly nuclearizing Iran, which will change the geopolitical game dramatically, putting not only Israel but Europe and America at risk;
- the cozying up to some of the world's most unreconstructed tyrants, epitomized by his deep bow to Saudi King Abdullah and smiley handshake with Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez;
- the entirely unprecedented, on-again, off-again, seemingly on-again threat to arraign Bush administration advisors in what we might call the Waterboardingate affair, a move that can only weaken America's resolve to prevent further terrorist attacks on its soil;
the resurrecting of the failed Middle East policies of his predecessors, which will lead to increased havoc in the region and to a dangerous gamble with Israeli security;
- the proposal to resettle Guantanamo detainees, many of them hard-core terrorists and self-declared recidivists, into American towns and cities this is Desperate Housewives with a vengeance;
- the catapulting of a veritable horde of swindlers, charlatans, and incompetents into responsible government positions, several of whom have thought it prudent to resign their candidatures before the prospect of rejection or embarrassment. But a government of the ethically challenged and intellectually dubious is starting to take definitive shape. (The reader will have no trouble supplying names.);
- the evident scrapping of the promised bipartisan approach toward the conduct of Congressional business, leading to a growing polarization in the affairs of state;
- the striking absence of presidential dignity, laughing at tasteless jokes (Wanda Sykes) and participating in offensive comedy routines (Jay Leno), an indecorous and supercilious attitude that goes hand in hand with the new tone of presidential arrogance in the response to criticism, which smacks of adolescent chip-on-the-shoulderism. "I won";
- among innumerable instances of poor judgment, the photo-op overflight of New York City, creating mass panic;
- the proposed offer of amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, the deleterious effect of which on American labor, budgetary resources, and voting patterns may be irreversible;
- the apparent partiality toward international juridical institutions taking precedence over aspects of the American Constitution;
- the collectivist turn in American public, economic, and political life advanced by the president and his party, what de Tocqueville in Democracy in America called "administrative despotism," a power that "compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people." Based on a European socialist model which gives every indication of faltering, it presages higher rates of unemployment, rising taxes, citizen estrangement, and the diminution of technological and industrial innovation.
So Obamaphiles, including you Pleasanton Weekly, how are you feeling now?
on May 25, 2009 at 8:16 am
Well I imagine that they feel pretty good about it right now as for many of them this "is change you can believe in". Honestly, many of the people who voted for Obama have been so woefully brainwashed by the school system it is pathetic. Based on what they said in class I bet over 90% of the PUSD teachers voted for Obama. The article did omit a couple of things. First, instead of ending the wars in Iraq and Afganistan as promised we have more troops engaged and/or committed than before he was elected and in spite of this violence is escalating. In addition, in a time of economic downturn more servicemen and women are opting out of service and returning to civil life and also recruitment targets are not being met or even close to it because in part I suspect people do not want to fight and potentially die for a president and congress who loathe the military and now I guess the CIA for that matter. Has anyone noticed that Iran is more aggressive than ever and oh by the way North Korea just exploded a nuclear warhead today in addition to firing off 3 long range missiles? Obama said today he will let the UN Security Council figure out what to do and take the lead. That sure makes me feel better knowing that we are now going to depend on the UN for our security. We need to sit back and take a look at what is happening in our own state economically as this is the direction he is taking the rest of the United States. One of the reasons you do not hear the left making noise (other than to do some childish namecalling) is that these are facts and it is hard to admit you made a huge mistake or maybe it is hard for them.
on May 25, 2009 at 5:34 pm
Remember the story of Alice in Wonderland? Nancy Pelosi is the Queen of Hearts, Harry Reid is the White Rabbit and Obama is the Mad Hatter, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden are Tweedle Dee and Tweedle DUMB! No one knows what is going on, they just keep having press conference after press conference.....the hole is getting deeper and deeper, lets hope we don't all disappear, what a nightmare for our country to have this group of fools in command!
on May 30, 2009 at 8:22 pm
Yes. You are right, Bush really was smart and doing a stellar job. You think he wants to come back? Or better yet the white trash imbicille from Alaska? Maybe instead of constantly complaining you get off you big priviledged behind and get involved with making this country great Again!