Contra Costa County woman may be victim of frozen berries sold at Costco
Original post made on Jun 3, 2013
Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, June 3, 2013, 7:26 AM
on Jun 3, 2013 at 9:22 am
I wish in cases like this..... there was an FDA posting website that businesses who served the affected food could post to. This would allow a person to know that they potentially ingested a tainted food product in a public place . However, I suspect that won't ever happen because it would be perceived as negative publicity for that business. I would look at it as a positive for a business to let people know so they could potentially ward off a nasty health problem. Just a thought!
on Jun 3, 2013 at 7:03 pm
Perhaps people should get Hep A immunization - there have been lots of outbreaks since "organic" is the way to go.
on Jun 4, 2013 at 10:28 am
This should serve as a reminder that "organic" is primarily a bunch of hype to extract money from people. A number of tests have shown that organic produce generally is no more free of pesticide, chemical, and bacterial residue than normal produce, and in some cases was even higher, particularly in bacterial. But that's OK, because the more people that buy "organic" produce, the less price pressure their is for the regular produce. The primary source for most of these infections is workers not properly washing their hands after they take a dump.