However, as they went through the description of a "typical" day, they looked at one another will deep sadness, and then turned to the parents and said, "We will not know until June 4 if your child will be in a class of 20 or a class of 30."
Several parents in the room audibly gasped!
Um, I was not only not impressed with their tactic to make us afraid, but uncertain why they even bothered to state that they couldn't discuss Measure G. They clearly did.
Oh wait! I get it; they can make statements about the possible threats of the district if it doesn't pass, but they cannot tell us that in Measure G, there is zero language that states that Class Size Reduction is first on the chopping block, or that also that it is absolutely illegal for PUSD to make such a threat in order to pass a parcel tax.
And, these "cautious" teachers forgot to mention, in their zeal to scare us, that they will be taking 81.08% of the parcel tax for themsleves in raises over the next four years, leaving 18.92% for the programs for the children.
I am not only am convinced that this is the wrong tax for this community at this time, but I don't think I will ever be convinced after performances like todays where two potential teachers of my child's next year made me feel manipulated using my own child.
I am voting No on Measure G.
This story contains 292 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.