Proposal of a Golf Tax in California is Unfair and Unjust.
Original post made by Sean on Feb 10, 2009
* Greens fees on ALL courses in the state
* Driving range fees
* Cart rentals
* Private club memberships and monthly dues, and
* Potentially other golf-related items such as entry to golf tournaments.
Targeting golf is unfair.
* The tax proposal singles out golf for taxation when other sports and recreational activities -- skiing, bowling, tennis, etc. -- are not being similarly taxed.
* Targeting one activity is simply unfair.
For more information please visit:
on Feb 10, 2009 at 3:11 pm
actualy it wasn't one activity targeted, Veterinary services, furniture and appliance repair, auto repair and Amusement parks were also bundled with the tax.
(Im pretty annoyed with the vet one because the effect it will have on rescues. People who already have trouble covering high vet bills may not be able to afford to take their animal at all.)
In all I think all the tax increases will cause buisness to decrease, and the state will make even less money on taxes.
here is a link to the goverment fact sheet.
on Feb 10, 2009 at 3:49 pm
A use tax on services! Go Governator! Just reinstate the car tax, why don't you? What's next? Tax for babysitters?
on Feb 10, 2009 at 9:08 pm
As a board member of an animal shelter, I have a real problem with taxing vet services. We spend at least $50,000 a year for animal care. That would mean $4,375 more in taxes. Do you know how much food, medicine and care that could buy? More to the point, how much it would take away from innocent animals?
Personally, I don't think taxing some services is such a horrible idea, but I do agree it should be even across the board.