Colorado investigators say fire started in kitchen
Original post made on Feb 11, 2009
Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, February 9, 2009, 4:41 PM
on Feb 11, 2009 at 10:21 am
I wish I could turn back time and make this not happen to such a wonderful person. I am so very, very sorry. David will be missed by a lot of people.
on Feb 12, 2009 at 12:34 pm
I wonder why Mr. Ryan was behind the front door, but did not open it and get out?
Some doors require a key from inside, but those are dangerous AND illegal on residential property. Exit locks should open from inside with a single motion.
Also, the article does not say whether the house was fire sprinklered. In Livermore, most houses built after about 1985 are sprinklered, and a stove fire would most likely be automatically extinguished with much less damage.
Livermore saves well over $3 Million EVERY YEAR, just in reduced Fire Department costs, due to fire sprinklers. Think how much that is per household in taxes. AND there are reduced deaths, injuries, and fire damage.
Pleasanton was considering a similar ordinance for new construction, what ever happened to that?
on Feb 12, 2009 at 3:03 pm
Better Safe than Sorry, I don't like your tone in this. Maybe he was trying to get out and got to the door too late. Please don't make remarks, based on the few very facts that are available.