Posted by Can do, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Jun 28, 2010 at 1:04 pm
Thank you for the information regarding the availability of the log in the print version of the Pleasanton Weekly. I think, however, that there are several points that folks have made on this topic, both here and in prior discussions: the PW entries could be more inclusive, more descriptive, more timely.
1) The PW print version does not contain any log entries for calls from the Pleasanton-Livermore Fire Department. The Pleasanton Patch online listing does include those.
2) Because the log is only available in the weekly print version, the log is often "stale". For example, the PW print version on 6/18 contained entries from 6/8-6/13; the PW print version on 6/25 contained entries from 6/14-6/19.
3) The PW print version contains a highly-edited version of the log; the Pleasanton Patch online listing contains more entries and fuller information. For example, the 6/25 PW print version contained this entry for June 16th incidents:
- 10:53 a.m. in the 7200 block of Stonedale Drive; petty theft
- 12:07 p.m. in the 3400 block of Stanley Boulevard; petty theft
- 10:03 a.m. in the 4500 block of Chabot Drive
- 9:49 a.m. in the 4800 block of River Rock Hill Road
- 1:37 a.m. at the intersection of Rialto Way and Stoneridge Drive
The Pleasanton Patch online news of 6/22 showed this entry for the same June 16th log:
”A 22-year-old woman was arrested for driving under the influence at 2:07 a.m.
”A fire was reported on the 7900 block of Stoneridge Drive at 9:15 a.m.
”Harassment was reported on the 4800 block of River Rock Hill Road at 9:49 a.m.
”Vandalism was reported on the 4500 block of Chabot Drive at 10:03 a.m.
”Petty theft was reported on the 7200 block of Stonedale Drive at 10:53 a.m.
”Petty theft was reported on the 3400 block of Stanley Boulevard at 12:07 p.m.
”A traffic collision was reported at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Santa Rita Road at 1:01 p.m.
Or, for June 17th,
in the 6/25 PW print edition:
- 11:53 a.m. in the 4300 block of Foothill Road
versus the more informative 6/22 Pleasanton Patch online:
”Burglary was reported at Foothill High School on the 4300 block of Foothill Road at 11:53 a.m. Stolen items included a pitching machine.