Post Office Failure
Original post made by Another example on Jun 5, 2011
- Post Office is once again on the verge of bankruptcy
- Many other national post offices have made the transition to the Internet world, but ours has not
- Unions have stood in the way of progress and now the Post Office is grossly inefficient and does not match declining letter volume
- Even though it is on the verge of bankruptcy, one union negotiated pay increases for the next several years
- Obama has tried to give his union/labor friends another favor by letting the Post Office pass on making a $5B retirement medical benefit payment
So when when all this comes crashing down, who is going to pick up the tab for all the unfunded retirement costs, we the tax payer. Rather than forcing the Post Office to make changes now, our politicians allow it to continue to fail.
Just one more of many reasons why the US is no longer competitive and government actions/inactions are making things worse. Our greatness was built on free markets and true competitiveness, but now we are fooling ourselves that capitalism is bad and the government has all the answers. Just think of the state of things if all organizations were run like the Post Office.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.