Many similarities to Pleasanton:
- Public employees received a series of raises through the entire recession and are now pushing back on contributing more
- Employees making more than average citizens yet complaining they are being picked on when asked to compromise
- Layoffs (soft hiring freeze for Pleasanton) to compensate for higher costs of fewer remaining employees
- Annual pension costs are significantly larger than in the past and more than planned
- Unfunded pension liability large and growing
- Retirement medical costs also a significant problem
- Unions continue to be a road block for needed changes with dirty politics and misleading advertisement
Where will all you progressives go to defend your position when now even your progressive bastion NYT is coming around to the problem?
This story contains 152 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.