McNerney Votes Yet AGAIN to Enslave our Children to a Lifetime of Overbearing Debt!
Original post made by MoveOnMcNerney on Jul 2, 2010
See article >>> Web Link
McNerney was one of the House members who voted to "DEEM" the faux budget to have passed...so that they can KEEP SPENDING money WE DO NOT HAVE. This has never been done before.
House Democrats 'Deem' Faux $1.1 Trillion Budget 'as Passed'
by Connie Hair
Last night, as part of a procedural vote on the emergency war supplemental bill, House Democrats attached a document that "deemed as passed" a non-existent $1.12 trillion budget. The execution of the "deeming" document allows Democrats to start spending money for Fiscal Year 2011 without the pesky constraints of a budget.
The procedural vote passed 215-210 with no Republicans voting in favor and 38 Democrats crossing the aisle to vote against deeming the faux budget resolution passed.
Never before -- since the creation of the Congressional budget process -- has the House failed to pass a budget, failed to propose a budget then deemed the non-existent budget as passed as a means to avoid a direct, recorded vote on a budget, but still allow Congress to spend taxpayer money.
House Budget Committee Ranking Member Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) warned this was the green light for Democrats to continue their out-of-control spending virtually unchecked.
"Facing a record deficit and a tidal wave of debt, House Democrats decided it was politically inconvenient to put forward a budget and account for their fiscal recklessness. With no priorities and no restraints, the spending, taxing, and borrowing will continue unchecked for the coming fiscal year," Ryan said. "The so-called 'budget enforcement resolution' enforces no budget, but instead provides a green light for the Appropriators to continue spending, exacerbating our looming fiscal crisis."
As we reported on HUMAN EVENTS, CBO issued a dire warning about the long term outlook for the budget.
"Yesterday, the Congressional Budget Office rang the latest fiscal alarm with the release of The Long-Term Budget Outlook," Ryan said. "Today, Congress again hit snooze. To avert a fiscal and economic calamity, Washington needs to wake up."
Key points from the House Republican Budget staff on the House Democrats' deeming resolution:
- This is not a budget. The measure fails to meet the most basic, commonly understood objectives of any budget. It does not set congressional priorities; it does not align overall spending, tax, deficit, and debt levels; and it does nothing to address the runaway spending of Federal entitlement programs.
- It is not a 'congressional budget resolution.' The measure does not satisfy even the most basic criteria of a budget resolution as set forth in the Congressional Budget Act.
- It creates a deception of spending 'restraint.' While claiming restraint in discretionary spending, the resolution increases non-emergency spending by $30 billion over 2010, and includes a number of gimmicks that give a green light to higher spending.
- It continues relying on the flawed and over-sold pay-as-you-go [pay-go] procedure. Pay-go which Democrats have used mainly to raise taxes, and have ignored when it was inconvenient does nothing to reduce deficits or restrain spending growth in existing law.
- Outsourcing fiscal responsibilities. The measure is another hand-off by the Democratic Majority of Congress's power of the purse this time relying on the Fiscal Commission created by the President to do Congress's job.
A full Republican Budget Committee staff analysis of the Majority's Budget Deemer: "An Admission of Fiscal Failure"
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Be a sport: Send us your youth sports news, scores and photos
By Gina Channell-Allen | 0 comments | 173 views