PUSD Budget Gap is now $8M and a Proposal for debate
Original post made by Dark Corners of Town on Jan 26, 2010
Here is a proposal that solves the $8M gap with no impact to the children.
- Suspension of Step and Column increases ($1.6M)
- Reduction of five instructional days @ $450K each ($2.25M)
- Modify service provider in warehouse/graphics ($250K)
- 4% across the board salary reduction for all employees ($3.6M)
- Summer school proposed changes ($200K)
- Eliminate one staff development day ($450K)
Total expense reduction of $8.35M, without touching a single kid-facing service or program. Budget deficit solved.
A proposal that saves teacher jobs, possibly adds up to five teacher jobs, preserves all counselors, aides, specialists, librarians, administration, custodians, music teachers, maintains current CSR levels and more. A proposal that Puts Kids First. A proposal that keeps the high quality of PUSD education!
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Take Full Advantage of Free Standardized Testing Opportunities
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 428 views