Livermore mercury spill closes part of Kelly Street Comments on Stories, posted by Editor, Pleasanton Weekly Online, on Jun 10, 2009 at 5:59 pm
Cleanup crews and toxic specialists from the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department Monday cautiously contained and covered an approximate 2 x 2 square foot spill of liquid Mercury on the pavement in front of 2886 Kelly Street, Livermore.
Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, June 8, 2009, 3:58 PM
Posted by Pleasanton resident, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Jun 10, 2009 at 5:59 pm
This serves as a good reminder, all the CFL bulbs we've all been buying in the last few years has mercury in them (sort of defeats the "green" point of them but that's another story)...and they are quite breakable...so be careful if you happen to drop one and it breaks to avoid breathing in the fumes.
Also kind of scary that these things have been very popular for years now and yet there's very little awareness on how to dispose of them properly. I imagine our landills are getting a good dose of mercury, so another good reminder in this article how to dispose them.