Measure G or Measure N?
Original post made by tax revolt 2, Country Fair, on Jun 1, 2009
The first is Measure G which if approved would cut the current $10M PUSD deficit by 45%. The remaining 55% deficit would be resolved with teacher layoffs, service reductions, reductions in classified hours, elimination of Vice-Principals at all schools, and more.
The second is Measure N which if approved would save all teacher jobs, save all classified jobs, keep all school and student-facing staff (counselors, vice principals, technology specialists, librarians), save all teacher in-service days, and require no reduction in total student days. The current $10M PUSD deficit would be covered by an across the board 8% reduction in salary for all PUSD employees and implementation of currently proposed reductions in administration positions.
Which one would you vote for?
I would vote for Measure N so that all teacher jobs would be saved. And 20:1 CSR would absolutely be guaranteed for K-3 and 9th grade.
Vote NO on Measure G, so PUSD can implement "Measure N".
And many thanks to all the contributors to the parcel tax debate over the last few months. Special thanks to the private citizens who rolled up their sleeve and did their best to dig into the hidden PUSD financial details and brought forth additional cost savings, and pointed out better solutions than what Measure G proposes.
Have a great election day and thanks to all the voters who will participate in the real and final debate at the ballot box.
The House of Representatives performs history’s first repeat hara-kiri
By Tom Cushing | 11 comments | 1,431 views
Net Neutrality a win or loss for open Internet and First Amendment?
By Gina Channell-Allen | 2 comments | 694 views